DHTP (DOOM high resolution texture project)

Comments

• Looks much better!
    Can you rework the big yellow lights of Metal 6 and 7?
    I picture them to be inside a metal framed light box.
  • I've been studying the metal texture a bit more,
    Some curves, a bit of smoothing, a few subtle gradients, metal and rust separation, bringing the colours and levels close to the original.
    Original:
    ladq31ood8al.png
    New version:
    z46jw7bbzb8b.png

• I would consider replacing the '500' monitor and perhaps the switch, with something more generic?
  • Another try:

ql3ofh7lp0by.png

9vtn5j1tjc6l.png

• Looks great Krazlegan!
  • that looks good
  • edited 2019 Mar 29
    Finally!!! Not only I was able to get even closer to the original look, but I also changed the texture itself, it looks great ingame too!

c50je6dio5ma.png

wskm2k3sb9ts.png

I will work on the rest of the textures now because I think this style will be final.

• edited 2019 Mar 29
    Nice!
    I often have the feeling some texture is done, I post it here, then I learn it needs a bit more tweaking. Then I get back to work find some additional flaws, decide to roll back or decide to start from scratch, but but but in the end it works out and is better then I thought possible and I learned a bunch in the process, even though some feedback feels a bit rough in relation to my effort and expectations.
  • edited 2019 Mar 30
    After a hard work I'm very satisfied with the result.

I think this will be the final version (sorry for spaming the thread with my tries, this is atually the first time I edit/make textures)

metal2
    o922fy0d2is9.png

metal3
    hfkl9fylyi98.png

metal4
    mwv3px3wxq0f.png

metal5
    wc3ccyq87w5j.png

metal6
    u6fqoe2eddcq.png

metal7
    9sxyn03olxyj.png

sw1met2
    34g2k3e0fh6a.png

sw2met2
    wuugrd6zqvil.png

metal2bd
    rn9kbe25rai1.png

• let's get these into github :) so I can pull them into the dhtp
  • edited 2019 Apr 1
    krazlegan's metal textures are now in the dhtp
    :)
    @kars How are you going setting up github desktop?
  • So, I "checkedout" using TortoiseSVN the latest DHTP, zipped up the folders inside trunk, and this happened:

4hc0glbmp9nt.jpg

For some reason the walls in the exit room don't have a new texture, and the switch texture is all wrong; I don't ever remember seeing it that off and bad; it's like this is some kind 15 year old ancient rejected texture that's in there; far too dark, and no green grime in the grooves.

Also this:

sg631lqg60mh.jpg

Maybe that's because the colored light of the candelier doesn't properly pass over the sector separator, but I don't ever recall that separation of color being there before.

Anyway; tried simply downloading the zip, rather than use tortoise, see if that had a difference, got dhtp-master.zip, which produced the same problem.
  • edited 2019 Apr 3
    I believe I made a github account, and have attached a folder to it with my DHTP work.
    my Github is named Kars. It's a new program to me and I don't know yet how to upload textures to the DHTP project.

The blood on the wall looks very nice.
  • @3DMaster
    Did you follow the build instructions?
    Though you will need windows subsystem for linux
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wsl/install-win10
    Then run bash and run the build script in bash

@kars
    On the dhtp page click the "fork" button in the top right

Download and install github desktop
    Then using github desktop clone your dhtp fork onto your computer
    add your textures to your clone, then you can push your clone to your fork that is sitting on github.
    Then you can request me to pull your changes into the dhtp. :)
  • What? I'm not running Linux, so why would I need anything for Linux?

Plus, what build instructions? Just tell tortoise to checkout, and it downloads the stuff, put the trunk-directory (without the directory itself) it in a zip, load it in Doomsday, done. Same for the zip download.
  • Files from the dhtp are not in a format useful for any doom engines.
    There is a build script that put's all the textures and flats and shinemaps(what you are missing) into locations that each engine expects.

I use Ubuntu, therefore i wrote the build script to work in bash. I do not have windows so have not written a script to build the packs in windows.
  • Okay, don't really want to do that, which begs the question, is there going to be new versions you can just download? The Doomsday one is almost 2 years old, and the non-Doomsday ones are over a year old.
  • 3DMaster wrote: »
    Okay, don't really want to do that, which begs the question, is there going to be new versions you can just download? The Doomsday one is almost 2 years old, and the non-Doomsday ones are over a year old.

I second that! Also many of the GitHub textures are outdated. :-(
  • edited 2019 Apr 22
    Original
    skinface.jpg
    Redone
    dfcmacidspfh.png
  • Original
    exitdoor.jpg
    Redone
    9gyrloqifxgz.png
  • Would someone please be kind enough to rebuild the zdoom package for us windows users?? I'd love to use these and can't build them myself since I don't use Ubuntu.
  • Skrell wrote: »
    Would someone please be kind enough to rebuild the zdoom package for us windows users?? I'd love to use these and can't build them myself since I don't use Ubuntu.

Soooo no then? :(
  • @Besli great work :)

since I don't have linux I also support a new release for the dengine package...
  • Install "Git for Windows". It can run the .sh files and build it for you.
  • @Milten: thx for the hint.. worked.... only zip support had to be manually added....
  • Cool, Is someone able to write down the process so I can add it to the dhtp wiki so others can build it too? (I don't have windows)
  • edited 2019 May 16
    Here are (in-detail) instructions for Windows users. Maybe a little too detailed, shorten wherever you see fit. My OS is german though, but the translations should be accurate and understandable. I will set my Windows to english tomorrow and correct the post if needed.

For Windows users:
    1. Download the DHTP, click "Clone or Download" -> "Download ZIP"
    2. Download Install "Git for Windows"
    3. During "Select Components", make sure "Associate .sh files to be run with Bash" is ticked and install
    4. Unpack the DHTP-master.zip with one of the following:
    4.1 Windows Built-In: Right-Click the file -> "Open With" -> Windows Explorer. Select all files and copy them (e.g. your Desktop)
    4.2 WinRAR: Right-Click the file -> "Extract here"
    4.3 7-Zip: Right-Click the file -> "7-Zip" -> "Extract Here"
    5. Open the "DHTP-master" folder, then open the "build" folder
    6. Run the required file (e.g. tex-deng for Doomsday)
    7. After it is done go back to the "DHTP-Master" folder and open the "doomsday" (or "risen3D" or "zdoom") folder
    8. Select all files and put them into an archive with one of the following:
    8.1 Windows built-in: Right-Click them and select "Send to" -> "Compressed (zipped) folder". Rename the created ZIP-File, the name can be any, however, the ideal name would be DHTP and the current date and the file-prefix should be PK3 (e.g. DHTP-20190516.pk3) so you know when this file was last updated.
    8.2 WinRAR: Right-Click them and select "Add to Archive". For Archive format make sure "ZIP" is selected. The name can be any, however, the ideal name would be DHTP and the current date and the file-prefix should be PK3 (e.g. DHTP-20190516.pk3) so you know when this file was last updated.
    8.3 7-Zip: Right-Click them and select "7-Zip" -> "Add to archive". Select ZIP as the archive format. The name can be any, however, the ideal name would be DHTP and the current date and the file-prefix should be PK3 (e.g. DHTP-20190516.pk3) so you know when this file was last updated.
  • Updated the readme, thanks for that
  • You're welcome.

I set my language to english and updated my previous post accordingly, only a few changes. You only have to copy it into the readme.
  • Ok, so SLIME5 and YELMETAL are gonna need an update on those new metal2 textures (p36). Also, the new metal2 textures released on the github are brighter than the ones on p36