DHTP (DOOM high resolution texture project)

Comments

• Both details and shinemaps are working just fine in the current stable build.
  • Hi, Danij

Okay, I'll see what I can do to get a sort of brightmap version of a shinemaps script setup tonight.
    So far though, the reason I ask, I haven't been able to get this to work yet in the dhtp-shinmaps.ded, as far as I can tell it should though.
    Reflection {
     Texture = "SPCDOOR4"   # door15_4
     Shiny map = "spcdoor4lite"
     Mask map = "masks/spcdoor4lite"
     Shininess = 3.0
         Flags = noiwad | ext
    }

Spcdoor4lite is in color though, not grey scale like the masks versions in mask directory. Also the name, it's over 8 characters. ~ would this make a difference? It's pretty much just like the brightmap texture I posted on the previous page, just a larger scale.

This however works in the dhtp-doom2lights.ded for a light. ~ If KuriKai would like to add it in?
    Decoration {
      Material = "textures:SPCDOOR4";
      Light {
        Color { 1 .97 .7 }
        Offset { 32 42 }
        Radius = .2;
        Halo radius = .3;
      }
    }

Thanks
  • Vermil wrote:
    I duplicated my texture for the mask map and blacked out all the areas I didn't want lit. I then made a SHINEMAP texture that was solid white (which happened to be the same dimensions as my texture).
    My apologies, I made a pretty big typo in my post.

The shinemap goes in 'data/JDoom/Lightmaps' and the mask map goes in 'Data/JDoom/Lightmaps/masks'
  • Mr.Rocket wrote:
    Also the name, it's over 8 characters. ~ would this make a difference?
    None whatsoever.
  • Hmm, strange it's still not showing up.

Is there something I could type in the console to get relative texture addon paths?
    I'm wondering if it's loaded, but I just don't have it bright enough or something, the brightmap holds an alpha channel btw.

Thanks
  • Perhaps taking a look at an existing working mod would help? I know that HexenShineExample.pk3 works, for example.

I'm not sure I understand the question, however the inspectmaterial command will output detailed information about the configuration of a material to the console.
  • Hi,

Okay, thanks Danij. I'll check it out.
    And yes, inspectmaterial is what I was looking for.

EDIT:
    Inspectmaterial shows all the info about SPCDOOR4 and even shows some info about shinymap, but says nothing about SPCDOOR4LITE.
    This tells me that SPCDOOR4LITE isn't being loaded yet..

Thanks
  • New Version of the DHTP has been released

Thanks to everyone who contributed

http://dhtp.freelanzer.com/?p=332
  • Hey KuriKai,

Good to hear!
    I was looking through the placeholder list that you posted the other day and was thinking of getting a couple more wall textures going soon, and probably the other couple of step textures out of the way.
    While looking through the list however I noticed:

* skinsymb.placeholder - is already in the pack
    * sladwall.placeholder - is already in the pack

Edit:
    Also I noticed that support2, shawn1, and shawn2 are really dark? they should be bright silver!

Thanks
  • Mr.Rocket wrote:
    Hey KuriKai,

Good to hear!
    I was looking through the placeholder list that you posted the other day and was thinking of getting a couple more wall textures going soon, and probably the other couple of step textures out of the way.
    While looking through the list however I noticed:

* skinsymb.placeholder - is already in the pack
    * sladwall.placeholder - is already in the pack
    yeah I noticed that and got rid of the .placeholder for those textures before creating the pack, will give you an updated list in about 10 hours
    Mr.Rocket wrote:
    Edit:
    Also I noticed that support2, shawn1, and shawn2 are really dark? they should be bright silver!

Thanks
    They are dark so that the shine maps can add shine to them(take a look in game, you will notice they look like the original texture colour)
  • edited 2014 Jun 17
    KuriKai wrote:
    They are dark so that the shine maps can add shine to them(take a look in game, you will notice they look like the original texture colour)
    Hi,

No, in game they are super dark or I wouldn't have said anything about it heh.

With texture pack:
    support2_dark_101.png

Without texture pack:
    support2_vnla.png

I'm running the latest public release of DE, all stock, no modifications, other than the texture pack.

Edit:
    Windows 8.1 64bit, Nvidia 750GTX Ti, latest everything..

Thanks
  • That's strange, will check it out when i get home
  • Yeah I know,

Is why I asked if the shinemaps were working with the latest version of DE.
    Danij said they were, which makes me wonder if it has to do with a video driver?
    Everything's stock settings however, but latest.
    Also video driver is 337.88

Thanks
  • It isn't the video lighting settings? I notice that in doom recently, you can adjust the distance in which the darkness extends and other lighting that might make it appear closer to normal.
  • Hi,

I see your point Gary, but no that's not it.. It must be the shinymaps not working for me, which would also explain why I'd have trouble making a shinymap/reflection to mimic a brightmap on my previous texture.
    But I won't know for sure until someone can verify that the support2 texture in the shot above is or isn't doing the same thing on their end. Because there is also this:

material_info.png

This tells me that the current script or path to the shiny texture isn't working, because the game says no, there is no shiny texture applied to the support2 texture.

Edit:

After having another look at the material script for Support2, it seems that the line:
    Flags = noiwad | ext
    Has something to do with it, if this flag is removed from the script, the texture is shiny.

So I'm guessing that Flags? maybe disabled in materials due to development reasons or the stage keyword Flag is depreciated? Because when commented out or removed, the Reflection seems to work normally.

Thanks
  • These still need to be done.
    bigdoor6.placeholder
    dbrain1.placeholder
    dbrain2.placeholder
    dbrain3.placeholder
    dbrain4.placeholder
    midgrate.placeholder
    rock4.placeholder
    rock5.placeholder
    rockred1.placeholder
    rockred2.placeholder
    rockred3.placeholder
    shawn3.placeholder
    skinlow.placeholder
    skinmet2.placeholder
    skinscab.placeholder
    sp_dude1.placeholder
    sp_dude2.placeholder
    sp_dude4.placeholder
    sp_dude5.placeholder
    sp_face2.placeholder
    sp_rock1.placeholder
    step5.placeholder
    tanrock2.placeholder
    tanrock4.placeholder
    tanrock5.placeholder
    tanrock8.placeholder
    wood12.placeholder
    zzwolf2.placeholder
    zzwolf6.placeholder
    zzzface1.placeholder
    zzzface2.placeholder
    zzzface3.placeholder
    zzzface4.placeholder
    zzzface5.placeholder
    zzzface6.placeholder
    zzzface7.placeholder
    zzzface8.placeholder
    zzzface9.placeholder

I'm currently working on sp_rock1

Also... you are right, it's not showing up in doomsday for me either (doomsday 1.14-4)
    deng-dhtp-20140616
    deng-dhtp-20121215
    both don't work
  • Shinemaps appear to be working fine for me in the latest 1.15 build.

"Flags = noiwad | ext"

# noiwad: Don't use this decoration if the resource is loaded from an IWAD.
    # pwad: This decoration can be used with PWAD resources (for example custom textures).
    # ext: This decoration can be used with external resources.
  • edited 2014 Jun 17
    Hey,

Okay, I just upgrade to 1.15 unstable..
    Hmm no shinymaps don't work for me unless I remove "Flags = noiwad | ext" from the script..

Very strange..

I don't know if it makes a difference but I'm on Windows8.1 64bit and the texture pack is loaded from:
    This PC/Documents/Doomsday Frontend/addons

DE's console says that "This PC = %HOMEPATH%" on map load.

Never the less, this probably doesn't matter much as I still have to remove the part about Flags to be able to get any shinymap/reflections. I'm wondering if the keyword Flags is automatic now? What's really strange though is that Vermil doesn't seem to have the problem, but me and KuriKai do?

KuriKai I don't think this would have anything to do with the actual texture pack, old or new.
    I think the loading of Flags might have been changed via engine development though.

Thanks
  • maybe I somehow recopied an old version of the shinytextures.ded into the pack.
    noiwad
    (Value = 0x1) Decoration will not be used with IWAD resources. 

• Well, that's just it, it works for Vermil! but not us.
    ~ of course unless Flags = noiwad | ext is removed from the script(s).

But we should wait to see what Danij has to say.
  • The DHTP is now hosted on github.
    Where you can see the latest versions of the files that will be in the next pack and what textures still need to be made(look for ###.placeholder). You can download each image separately, as a zip or by cloning it to your computer.

Linux scripts are also included for people to compile the pack automatically (I'm not responsible if anything happens to your computer)

This will also allow for revisions of textures to be kept.
    Bugs can also be reported there

https://github.com/KuriKai/DHTP
  • My apologies, you mis-interpret. What I mean was that shinemaps are definitely working in Dday, not the DHTP ones specifically.

I believe the noiwad flag in the DHTP def is at fault.
  • Well, the whole point in the noiwad flag is to disallow the Reflection definition from being used when the source of the Material is the/an IWAD. As far as I can see, its behaving as it should.
  • Hi, Danij

Well in this case the source material isn't coming from an IWAD, so the Flag shouldn't be in the scripts at all for an external material source as the texture pack. Correct?

Thanks
  • The source of the Material is indeed the IWAD. Its the hires texture that is the external resource. It would seem that the noiwad flag doesn't belong here.
  • Well that's another way of putting it. :)

Cheers
  • ok, will release a new fixed version in the near future
  • These flags pre date the whole material system, so when that was introduced the interpretation of the flags had to change. The ext flag is actually ignored presently, though. I believe what you want is the nopwad flag?
  • Well there's a lot of pwads that are meant to use iwad materials, in this case, iwad patch names, in order to load any from the external resources. So I'm thinking there doesn't need to be any Flags at all.
    ~ I mean I could understand the reason behind it if there was no other way to control how the material resources were loaded, but ultimately "the way the material can be loaded now" it's if the add-on is checked or unchecked before load time heh.
  • If a PWAD uses an IWAD material but doesn't change it then it is still classified as an IWAD resource. Its only when a PWAD changes a material that it is classified as a PWAD resource. The names chosen for those flags are a little confusing really.