DHTP (DOOM high resolution texture project)

Comments

• The BLODGR1-BLODGR4 (green blood pipes) lost the animation in the original BD21RC3!
    The mentioned E3M4 level background is become animated. It is in flames now in the BD21RC3.
    That would've been cool if you could work with THE Ketchupman Sgt_Mark_IV the maker of the BD!
    You would give the "meat" and he would give the "sauce"! :smiley:
    Yummy! :joy:
  • deus-ex wrote: »
    KuriKai wrote: »
    @deus-ex So If i lay it out like that it will work on gzdoom and brutal doom? does that work for zdoom too?
    Did you check the two links I provided in my post above? The descriptions actually relate to ZDOOM, and GZDOOM is the successor of the now discontinued ZDOOM. There is no reason to worry about support for ZDOOM as GZDOOM includes a software renderer too, which is more current and has more capabilities, like true color support.
    Looks like the dhtp is already packed for gzdoom/zdoom/brutaldoom
  • I would like to see a new bigdoor1 texture!
    Following texture was done by MikeNick2:
    pw6338p3nd7t.png
  • edited 2018 Dec 26
    Where did you get that from?
    Have a url or details to contact the person?
  • edited 2018 Dec 27
    I found an old contact:
    https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/74173-3htp-3dge-dhtp-update/
    MikeNick2: nickecky@web.de

I uploaded all the textures I got from him:
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/9h73gk
  • edited 2018 Dec 27
    slx wrote: »
    I tried the Hoover1979 UltraHD texture pack, too for the new BDs but the BD does not work with this neither! This Hoover texture pack look really strange for me.
    I don't like the modern UAC logo he uses.
    But he also has some nice looking textures, especially the Wolfenstein part textures are really good!
    https://www.deviantart.com/hoover1979/gallery/59360732/UltraHD-Doom-Texture-work
  • edited 2018 Dec 29
    Hi all. I am new here and I have some hd textures which I have for my own needs. I do not know if they are suitable for your hd project but I want to contribute if possible.

grnlite1

266c7l32yp65.png

bstone3

durjildw0vg5.png

a-brown1

u2rfs7feqtre.png

• marcelus wrote: »
    Hi all. I am new here and I have some hd textures which I have for my own needs. I do not know if they are suitable for your hd project but I want to contribute if possible.

grnlite1
    bstone3
    a-brown1
    Wow, I like those grnlite1 and bstone3 texture!
    But not that a-brown1.

• Wow, i have found a really good Icon of Sin repaint!
    Wold be really nice if we could get this artist to remake the Icon of Sin texture into HD.
    It is done by Masteroflightnings:
    https://www.deviantart.com/masteroflightnings/art/Icon-of-Sin-607743496

Another remake by Kracov:
    http://orig04.deviantart.net/09bb/f/2013/199/f/3/the_icon_of_sin_by_kracov-d6dsg4a.png

Original:
    https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/villains/images/e/ec/Icon_of_Sin.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20170719013613
  • @marcelus
    Hey, good job on those textures, do you also have bstone2?

What licence do you have with it?

may I suggest...
    "You MAY use/edit Clemens 's Textures and Flats for any use you see fit ONLY IF you give credit."
    as this will allow people to tweak the textures and use them in creating other textures that are needed.
  • edited 2018 Dec 30
    @marcelus
    Hey, good job on those textures, do you also have bstone2?

What licence do you have with it?

hello

yes I have bstone2 and also rrock12

bcgjpt3n75np.png

rrock12

wovw9a7gsjmj.png

rrock12 with more dirt. This look better in game than clear version.

s3a5n26pln0y.png

licence? I do not know what you mean. This is mine textures and are free for everyone who want
    Clemens wrote: »
    marcelus wrote: »

grnlite1
    bstone3
    a-brown1
    Wow, I like those grnlite1 and bstone3 texture!
    But not that a-brown1.

brown1 is strange texture. I do not know what is it (rock, or wood or what) maybe some vegetation on wooden plank. hm

p4233ah17pe6.pngfeo01o02vkce.png

• edited 2018 Dec 30
    brown1 is strange texture. I do not know what is it (rock, or wood or what) maybe some vegetation on wooden plank. hm

Ah yes, i see. I have never noticed that texture before.
    But now compared to the original one it looks well done! :wink:
    may I suggest...
    "You MAY use/edit Clemens 's Textures and Flats for any use you see fit ONLY IF you give credit."
    as this will allow people to tweak the textures and use them in creating other textures that are needed.
    You mean MikeNick2 textures, that I've uploaded.
    I have found them in a Folder on my old HDD. :wink:

@KuriKai you better now me under my old username: Besli
    I wanted to use my old account, but it was too long since my last log in... :blush:

• edited 2018 Dec 30

But now, compared to the original one, it looks well done! :wink:
    may I suggest...
    You mean MikeNick2 textures that I have uploaded above.
    I have just found them in a folder on the HDD of my old computer. :smile:

@KuriKai you better know me under my old username: Besli
    I wanted to use my old account, but it was too long since my last log in... :blush:
  • edited 2018 Dec 30
    A-Brown1 certainly is made of stone, with some traces of moss.
  • Clemens wrote: »

But now, compared to the original one, it looks well done! :wink:

this texture is frequently used in Plutonia first level. Plutonia has more strange textures especially all brown. These is difficult remade because I do not know what material it is

uldchickt9lh.png
    rpa9cpu86bf8.png
    tukfy0o6riti.png

• edited 2018 Dec 30
    this texture is frequently used in Plutonia first level. Plutonia has more strange textures especially all brown. These is difficult remade because I do not know what material it is
    Ah okay. Never played TNT that much. :smiley:

Also take a look at this texture artist:
    https://www.deviantart.com/haso3doom

• ceil1_2 texture

5hyrv2mj53fz.png
    r0g1ua7c4k1n.png
  • Cool, i like your textures marcelus.
  • edited 2019 Jan 2
    Cool, i like your textures marcelus.

Thank you !

I finished ceil1_3

i1lbmwzj3imr.png

saiaa70onhks.png

and edited light on bstone3

042z12aev3c0.png

• edited 2019 Jan 3
    I showed the ceil texture on one forum and got criticism that the texture is not symmetrical. Original textures are also asymmetrical and at the right angle it creates a gentle 3d effect. This is not fault
    :/
  • marcelus wrote: »
    ceil1_2 texture

5hyrv2mj53fz.png
    r0g1ua7c4k1n.png

I like it, but like to request 2 changes:
    - the green frame around the light should look like it's falling in, now it looks like it's sticking out. (reverse the lights and shadows positions)
    - the frame should have more of the original colour. Personally I like to test my textures by sizing them down and see how close they are in light levels, colour, texture and shapes to the originals.

Thank you for your contributions!
  • edited 2019 Jan 4
    > @kars said:
    > marcelus wrote: »
    >
    > ceil1_2 texture
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I like it, but like to request 2 changes:
    > - the green frame around the light should look like it's falling in, now it looks like it's sticking out. (reverse the lights and shadows positions)
    > - the frame should have more of the original colour. Personally I like to test my textures by sizing them down and see how close they are in light levels, colour, texture and shapes to the originals.
    >
    > Thank you for your contributions!

Hello,

I use colors only from original texture but yes is not 100% 1:1. I must more train with colors :) green frame is not problem fixed. I make too deep hole around frame and too high frame and this change frame position. Now I see ... thanks for warning.
  • edited 2019 Jan 4
    frame is down now

wwxg7t23kdnp.png

• @marcelus
    Cool,

Are you able to put them into a zip file and upload it?
  • Looks good, but isn't the border too dark now?
  • Clemens wrote: »
    Looks good, but isn't the border too dark now?

in game do not look much dark but I send KuriKai texture with little brighter border...

people what you think about this? is not finished yet

qea8a3y11xie.png

• sfbtz8a2ccms.png

3et5km2qbv72.png

I took the liberty to bring it closer to the original; mostly shifting the red towards the brown. I also added a bit of glow and rounded off the bars.
  • WOW! :o
    really good! Can't wait to see the finished pillow!
    But that is more a HD sprite, than a texture. :D
  • kars wrote: »
    sfbtz8a2ccms.png

3et5km2qbv72.png

I took the liberty to bring it closer to the original; mostly shifting the red towards the brown. I also added a bit of glow and rounded off the bars.

Now I am balanced colors, brightness but only minor . Better?

comparison

http://abload.de/img/comparisonejdey.png
  • edited 2019 Jan 8
    WOW! :o
    really good! Can't wait to see the finished pillow!
    But that is more a HD sprite, than a texture. :D

yes I know but I only want opinion. Is many "hd" sprites but many of them are only upscaled original sprites with some ugly filter...