DHTP (DOOM high resolution texture project)

Comments

• I thought it was sincere, and the caps represented words that are emphasized.
  • Yeah I didn't detect any attitude from it here. He seems lost but not rude per say.
  • hi
    Floor4_1.pngFloor4_5.png
    Floor4_1/Floor4_5?

I know Floor4_5 has some green stuff, but the sheer look of it makes me think of this.

And yeah, I know it's not a 1:1 recreation, but I'd say it's much closer than the current one:
    Floor4_1.gif

And if someone for some reason wants the .PSDs
    Do note that there's not much more to change other than messing around with the gradient maps I'm using to colorize it. :/

Edit: Oh, and sw1strtn is using the wrong STARTAN texture - have a fix.
  • In case forum is not dead I paste my post from Doomworld:
    I will try to do something with picture in Panel5. I have some ideas, but I don't know if I can do this properly. The first thing that should be clarified is what exactly is on that picture? Some time ago I think there is some kind of greek god, but when I saw shield on his arm I realize that must be knight in armor. But then I look at colors and green stains and now I think ther is a stone statue. Maybe someone from the community can paint this?
    In meantime I'm working on Panbook. Wood color is not finished, colors of books that same. This is what I have for now:

Panbook:
    http://i.imgur.com/0nXdAT7.png

And 3d view:

HbsfJuO.png
  • I believe the image in that picture is actually a part of some Baroque -era master work. There was a thread on Doomworld about this some time ago I recall.
  • it's from another game.
    I have a copy of the image somewhere on my home computer, wasn't 100% sure on putting it in the pack though, as it most likely is not free to use.

@Reinchard: how do you manage with the measurements in the 3d modeling program?
  • Right you are, ShadowCaster in fact.
  • I know that picture is from Shadow Caster, this is exactly what I use in my high resolution version (as I say before). But version from Shadow Caster is still too low-res. Some peaople say that there must be some original art which is used for that graphic, but personally I doubt it (but if someone know name or something about that art, let me know).
    KuriKai: I start with plane for example 128x64 and draw edges on them very carrefully.
  • For some time I'm working on flat1_1 because I can't watch at the one from the dhtp. I tried to match the colors and gamma and I think my version is close to the original.

e5F47pk.png

P7np719.png

Unfortunately, in the game both textures looks completely different, my version look too dark as you can see here:

3sQaKEE.png
  • I want to start with saying that these textures look awesome!

I would report this in the bug tracker, but the link to it leads to a not-found error.
    MODWALL1 looks great, and SW1MOD1 (and SW2MOD1) looks great too, but they don’t look good together because they don’t match.
    Since MARBFAC4 is not hi-res yet, it doesn’t fit well with MARBGRAY.
  • Yes, good stuff.
  • Final version of flat1_1:
    LdxQlG1.png

flat1_2:
    WE54pF6.png

flat1_3:
    xONtHK8.png

Tiled together as originals.
  • First version of Panblue:
    http://i.imgur.com/TqahliH.png

And version with red banner:
    http://i.imgur.com/ttL43eY.png
  • Yes, it will be nice when all textures are replaced with high quality and higher res ones, such as these. Maybe some normal maps too.
  • That's quite a nice take on the Doorblu, doorred, dooryel textures

Can you lessen the darkness around the outside of the drain on the flat1_3 texture?
  • I'm afraid that when I remove this shadows whole texture will look much more unrealistic.
  • Wow! Is that your work? I suggest to do something with vampire skull - is too bright compared to the original panel5.
  • It's an edit of the original Shadowcaster texture so that it's twice as big. (Because I like the washed out look it gets when upscaled.)
    Though if you want, you could work from this:
    Picture.png Edit: Picture2.png
    And yeah, I didn't really do much with the face because it's both hard and kind of unnecessary.
    Edit: Actually, let me tinker with that face. - Edit: Looks better now if you ask me.

Oh, and if you're interested, I actually have a bunch of Doom-palette-esque gradients Right Here.
    Very useful stuff for gradient map effect layers.

Case
    Flat1_1.png
    In
    Flat1_2.png
    Hand
    Flat1_3.png
  • It is nice to see textures updated. They might be included in the next pack.
  • May I suggest something? Unless the grating is applied as a patch, and if indeed it's one texture, then I would suggest adding a slight bit of ambient shadowing in the recessed parts towards where the grate meets the stones and their crevices, so that it doesn't look overly flat. It's very nicely done, just that it may look even better if not quite that flat. Of course, in-game appearance could also make a difference...
  • Look at the previous page, texture from this page is modified by Bloax, my original look different.
  • nice textures...hopefully they will make it to dhtp without any quality loss......
  • Unfortunatly that demon painting can't go into the pack. unless someone redraws it.

On a good note though, I found out why dhtp was crashing in zdoom based ports, and it will be fixed in the next release
  • Today I'm workin on floor0_6. On start I have something like this:

HVzX7Hx.png

Unfortunately, the original texture has a very low contrast, so I had to adjust the contrast in my texture too. So, second version looks worse, but I care about the similarity. For now I have something like this:

GJ6VU9C.png

tJVyY8e.jpg
  • I think you could probably make the grooves in between the tiles a bit darker to match the original.
  • KuriKai wrote:
    Unfortunatly that demon painting can't go into the pack. unless someone redraws it.
    I don't understand that kind of exaggeration. What about textures like zzwolf2 nad zzwolf3?? They are simply resample from original id art (with some cheap filter on it).
  • Reinchard wrote:
    KuriKai wrote:
    Unfortunatly that demon painting can't go into the pack. unless someone redraws it.
    I don't understand that kind of exaggeration. What about textures like zzwolf2 nad zzwolf3?? They are simply resample from original id art (with some cheap filter on it).
    I compared those two textures with the original doom textures, and they are not upsamples. They might have a bad filter over the top, but we don't have anything better