DHTP (DOOM high resolution texture project)

Comments

• A couple of scale oversights to consider next time these textures are made, or maybe the existing ones could be modified?

The columns on SUPPORT3 and the row of vents along the bottom of SPACEWC3 are notably off compared to the originals.
  • KuriKai wrote:
    wouldn't it be better to wait with such textures till the engine supports wall aligned 3D models? I mean the baron liks like painted on the wall ... just my two Cents.....
  • Yeah it does, because it is. Textures like this and buttons too could be modeled instead.
  • 0815Jack wrote:
    KuriKai wrote:
    wouldn't it be better to wait with such textures till the engine supports wall aligned 3D models? I mean the baron liks like painted on the wall ... just my two Cents.....
    Why not both?

there will be decal models in the future in another pack
  • New release of DHTP has been released

Version 20150623

Has improved textures and some new plutonia textures

Can get it from http://dhtp.hiriwa.com
  • edited 2015 Jun 23
    EDIT: Delete me please.
  • they don't? got a screenshot?
  • If this helps any, I had no problem downloading the DHTP update via your link.
  • Nice updates for the green switch :):)
    And the new skull looks way better too now :) Has to me a more evilish look too :)

I'd like to see the switch for example seen at sw1ston1 texture updated at the quality like the green switch too. The new light looks much better :)
  • Awesome !!

Really awesome!

This looks so much better.

Especially I didnt liked that much on the current one, that the shadow of the light was just a square on top of it, just a little bit moved.

This one doesnt have it and the texture itself looks much much better too.

Great job on this.
  • Yes, neat switch.

Edit: Doesn't appear to be a new pack, At first I thought it was a new pack released so soon after the last one. I looked into the newest pack from about a week ago that is on my drive and the switches are the same as the older ones and isn't updated with these ones, then went back to that site and I see no download. So it must only be for previews for now.
  • just github uploads, where anyone can download the latest revision and compile it themselves in linux (no windows batch file scripts available)
  • Here are the switches so far.
    https://imgur.com/a/ypGsC#0

feel free to use them to improve the current textures
  • Nice switches, except two things:
    - original switch have triangle shaped light in lower green area
    - original look very shiny and metallic, your version looks more like concrete or something

You can use my version as a reference:
    k4T2Zk2.png
  • Shine can be added in doomsday separately.

Link updated to include two different versions with triangle green light
    https://imgur.com/a/ypGsC#0
  • this is why we need to implement the old patch textures that doom uses but for HD.
  • Gordon wrote:
    this is why we need to implement the old patch textures that doom uses but for HD.
    I believe, doomsday already does, but textures won't fit together aswell by just using patches, extra stuff is done to blend thigns together in gimp
  • KuriKai wrote:
    Gordon wrote:
    this is why we need to implement the old patch textures that doom uses but for HD.
    I believe, doomsday already does, but textures won't fit together aswell by just using patches, extra stuff is done to blend thigns together in gimp
    Doomsday does not support external replacements for the individual patches that make up a complete texture.

You can find an old forum thread where I requested support for this in the past; as it would allow external replacements (such as hi-res textures) for many mods that create new textures out of the original games patches (i.e there are many mods out there that stick the original games switch patches on different original game background patches).

Naturally, an external texture replacement with the same name as a mods texture would need to overrule external patch replacements and there are some limits with regards to the current folder system that could perhaps only be solved with the addition of sub folders and/or metadata.

The Dday material system, once completed seems like it would be able to function as metadata. While the addition of user controllable folder mapping (i.e I could point Dday at a folder called 'Textures\Doom2\GothicTextures'; naturally people would have to find every mod that uses textures from the Gothic texture pack and write metadata pointing them at that folder) and ability for Dday to access external graphic replacements directly, rather than only as replacements for in wad graphics, would perhaps deal with the current folder limitations.
  • I dont remember the triangle being at the original switch, so I assume its only slightly visible?

However: I would prefer the fourth image then.

The textures should work with GZDoom please though. I prefer it over Doomsday.
  • I installed them in GZDoom the same way I did in Zandronum, extracting the textures and flats folders from the deng version. They work except that the textures that are supposed to be shiny are dark.
  • @empyre
    you shouldnt use the doomsday pack, there is a special version of the pack for zdoom ;)

and if you use zandronum, all you need to do is drop the pk3 in the 'skins' folder
  • Empyre wrote:
    I installed them in GZDoom the same way I did in Zandronum, extracting the textures and flats folders from the deng version. They work except that the textures that are supposed to be shiny are dark.
    Shine maps are a visual feature exclusive to Doomsday.
  • I tried the ZDoom version in GZDoom, and nothing happened. I put it into the GZDoom folder, and nothing happened. I specifically loaded it in using ZDL, and nothing. Then I got the deng version and extracted the flats and textures folders and it worked. Years ago, I tried putting the DHTP in Skulltag's skins folder (this was before Zandronum), and it did not work. Somebody suggested the folder-extracting trick, and it works.

It would be awesome to have a non-shine-map-dependent version for other ports.

Just now, after typing the above, I tried extracting the hires folder from the ZDoom version into the GZDoom folder and it did not work.

On another issue, when I play Doom 2 with DHTP in either GZDoom or Zandronum, I see hi-res versions of the skies from Doom 1.
  • I find it rather strange that people would come to Doomsday looking for textures for another format. Doomsday is a horse of a different color and the things made for it are exclusive, this is why we use it. I know that some things can be made to work elsewhere but it should not expected.
  • There are no other highres textures available than DHTP. So it should be logical the people all come to here.
  • and that these forums are the official ones for the DHTP
  • Here's my panel textures:

panblack.jpg

panblue.jpg

panbook.jpg

panbord1.jpg

panbord2.jpg

pancase1.jpg

pancase2.jpg

panel1.jpg

panel2.jpg

panel3.jpg

panel4.jpg

panel5.jpg

panred.jpg

There's total 13 textures fit/tiled each other. Here's png pack:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zb2ljoym7153 ... ZHEva?dl=0

And ingame screen:
    Screenshot_Doom_20150709_222658.jpg
  • Cool, I wonder if these textures once in a pack would automatically work with brutal doom (zdoom).