Sapphire Wand 2.0 + Doomsday 2 Hexen Models

Comments

• well with the one i posted the gens only start at state 1 where as the unlit versions are a separate state.
  • The Ettin is looking great, though it kind of makes me notice how human like the body of the Ettin is, relative to it's head.
  • Ettin low-poly model for LOD0 is ready for rigging. I want to have a working in-game prototype before switching to high-poly detailing and materials.
    For LOD0 there are 5.5K tris
    actor_ettin_wip_00.png
  • very nice.....cant't wait to see it ingame
  • I have some news to share with a community. For an Ettin game asset now two people are working: me and my teammate lead animator at Allods Team. I'm continue to work on a high-polygonal model, and my teammate working on a rig and animation.
    Here is a placeholder-textured model of an Ettin for animation work.
    actor_ettin_wip_03.png
  • veirdo wrote:
    I have some news to share with a community. For an Ettin game asset now two people are working: me and my teammate lead animator at Allods Team. I'm continue to work on a high-polygonal model, and my teammate working on a rig and animation.
    Here is a placeholder-textured model of an Ettin for animation work.
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/251 ... wip_03.png
    Nice to hear this, veirdo! Also Ettin looks pretty awesome (especially tongue)
  • Ettin High-poly WIP
    actor_ettin_wip_04.png
  • really impressing :)
  • Yes indeed. Really looking forward to seeing this in game, especially if it's movement is less rigid and robotic.
  • Wow, awesome! I can't wait to see them in action! As always, keep up the good work!
  • edited 2015 Aug 14
    Ettin low-poly model in pose with materials.
    actor_ettin_wip_05.png
    Some animations are ready, but I'll wait for a full set before implementation. As I said before, my teammate animator working on Ettin animations, not me. He did a pose for the image above too.
  • Looking awesome Veirdo! Keep up the good work!
  • mace looks pretty interesting in last image

I wonder, how Cleric's HUD mace will look like
  • looking good.
  • Ettin walk animation by Dani Shipitsin. I'm waiting for him for a full set, and started to model a gibbed Ettin
    EttinWalk.gif
  • wow amazing
  • Yay, no more Ettin wind up toy. Is there any chance that the heads, or a head, can turn to scope out the player during the zig zag approach? Really looking forward to getting my hands on this one in the Oculus Rift.
  • PostFatal wrote:
    Is there any chance that the heads, or a head, can turn to scope out the player during the zig zag approach?
    To do that the engine must have a track feature for the skeleton joints. Then we can use an aim vector to the player to rotate a head joint. With some predefined angular limits, of course. But we can lost a monster head bobbing animation if we use a full aim vector rotation influence, so the aim vector must be somehow blended with the actual skeletal animation.
  • @veirdo: How far is the progress for the HUD-Weapons for the new model renderer? Or did you focus only the Ettin for now?
  • Milten wrote:
    How far is the progress for the HUD-Weapons for the new model renderer? Or did you focus only the Ettin for now?
    veirdo's new Sapphire Wand is in a pretty good shape, and the latest builds are almost ready to fully support new HUD weapon models. There are a couple of smaller things still missing, like weapon bobbing and appropriate positioning within the player's viewport. Here's an in-game screenshot:

veirdo_sapphire_wand.jpg
  • Is this going to be added into the jXCCP or a brand new addon?
  • The new models require a new addons format. I don't know will it support the old models and effects.
  • skyjake wrote:
    Milten wrote:
    How far is the progress for the HUD-Weapons for the new model renderer? Or did you focus only the Ettin for now?
    veirdo's new Sapphire Wand is in a pretty good shape, and the latest builds are almost ready to fully support new HUD weapon models. There are a couple of smaller things still missing, like weapon bobbing and appropriate positioning within the player's viewport. Here's an in-game screenshot:

veirdo_sapphire_wand.jpg
    Looking very good, also the light effects & shaodws on it seem very "real".
    I hope to see some downloadble content soon ;)
  • veirdo wrote:
    The new models require a new addons format. I don't know will it support the old models and effects.
    At the moment I won't be prioritizing support for MD2 models in the new renderer, however the old resource packs and MD2 models can still be drawn as before using the old renderer. All future work will be focusing on the new renderer, though, so the old models will not work any better going forward.

At some point it should be possible to package the old resource packs inside the new .pack format, though, allowing the creation of a single collection package for both new and old stuff.
  • Very early Ettin test in game
    https://youtu.be/rto7jvQXlcI
  • Nice Video,

there was a possibility of modify the Model..

maybe an alternative skin is doable ? so the Ettins will differ from another?
  • veirdo wrote:
    Very early Ettin test in game
    https://youtu.be/rto7jvQXlcI
    Could you please move to the far side of the yard so we can see his approach over a longer distance?
    As it is now, it looks like a small hesitation or hitch in the left leg and overall he looks very sluggish but it may be because you are recording. Also, is it using the standard zig zag approach? I do like this model if you can get the speed up a little and a more natural gait in his step.
  • Animations are not final and are not configured, I just checked the fact of rendering possibility of new models in the engine. There are some issues to report to skyjake.
    @GUN Yes, I'll do some skin variations, but that will be the last thing.
  • veirdo wrote:
    Animations are not final and are not configured, I just checked the fact of rendering possibility of new models in the engine. There are some issues to report to skyjake.
    @GUN Yes, I'll do some skin variations, but that will be the last thing.
    Are you saying that we can have different looking Ettins in a level? That seems to be what Gun is asking. Having different skins that we can select would be nice but like I said, it seems to me that Gun is seeking variations of Ettins in the same level.
  • There will be variations of Ettins in the same level. Some may have a shine armor, some may have rusty and old. And may have a little tone variation of the body skin.