My best compilation of models for Doom

edited 2013 May 21 in DOOM
***EDIT 17-05-2013***
Well, I've made a preliminary pack for the meantime. Now you can download this pack with all hi poly objets + the hi def models that I showed in the pics below. For the future, I'll complete a more big pack to share.

This pack only have the models described below.
This pack don't have the blocky models
This pack have some issues such slow down FPS, monsters anims corruptions, pinky monster with white textures when you shot them, etc
This pack have a alternate model for the chain gun. See pics below to more information.

If you need up your FPS, simply desactivate pinky demon and caco demon models. These impact considerably in the performance.

Credits to:
Chilvers (Doomguy)Dreadus (Shotgun model)
Ophelie Windsdorf (alternate model for the Chain Gun)
Psychikon (Pinky model)
Tea Monster (Cacodemon model)
jDRP (For the boxed addon from all comunity of Deng)

In the future Doom Ascencion will be awsome http://www.doomascension.com/ So, when it happens, this pack will be trashed. But, for the meantime, this pack is all that we have to play with better models.

Cataflexia.
Well dudes,

I am not satisfied with the models from the jRDP 1.01 and jRDP 1.11 packs. So, I've spend all one day for collect the best models around from the net.

**DOWNLOAD**
And here's, the pack: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-r_dUx ... sp=sharing

**The commands listed above are for match the correct position of the HUD weapons on the 16:9 or 16:10 displays**

First: Only unrar into the addons folder of snowberry and check all the content into the addons tab.
Second: For all own a 16:9 aspect display, type in the console: rend-hud-fov-shift 0
Third: For all that have 16:10 aspect display, try with: rend-hud-fov-shift 5

FOR The old Doomsday Engine 1.9.0 the commands to match correctly the HUD weapon are:
Four: For all own a 16:9 aspect display, type in the console: rend-hud-shift-fov 0
Five: For all that have 16:10 aspect display, try with: rend-hud-shift-fov 5

I post here some pics from the Doomsday engine, for that you compares the versions of some models from 1.01 and the models that I've selected.

The Cacodemon (left blocky model, right hi-poly model)
cacodemons000.th.png cacodemons001.th.png

Green Armor (left blocky model, right hi-poly model) the blue armor have the hi-poly version too, don't worry
armor000.th.png armor001.th.png

Doomguy
(left blocky big ass model, right hi-poly model) Always I've noticed for the big ass blocky model of these ugly model, haha!
doomguy000.th.png doomguy001.th.png

Demon (left blocky model, right hi-poly model)
demons000.th.png demons001.th.png

b]Chaingun[/b] (left blocky model, right hi-poly model)
chaingun000.th.png chaingun001.th.png

Alternate Chaingun (don't use at the same time with the standard chaingun model. Unchek the standard model of chaingun before use it)
doom1ultimate000.th.jpg

Shotgun (tree ways to compare: left original sprite, center hi-poly and close to the correct form, and finally the ugly and wrong version on the right side)
shotgun000.th.png shotgun002.th.png 1zwc.th.png

Healt Potion (tree ways to compare: left Abbs model, center jHRP 1.1 model and right the hi-poly model)
potion001.th.png potion000.th.png potion002.th.png

Note: The Demon model have some bugs in his texture when you shot them (to the demon).
Note: The Cacodemon have a bug on the death animation secuence.

Well, have nice play on Doom, Doomguys! ;)

Comments

• The download link is broken! Can you please upload the file again for me? Thanks!
  • Are you using Dreadus' shotgun model? Link
    What is wrong with the caco and the pinky? They were working OK when they were released.
    Also, don't forget the new D2 loading screen I put together.
  • Hm, can someone upload the file again? The models are looking very interesting on the screenshots!
  • hiya! I want links i want DL links for the model pack! =D
  • the link to these models is dead can you provide a working one?
  • Guess not =(
  • I gotta say i get kinda bored with peepz posting stuff like this without providing functional links. I am well aware that alot of things can come in between.. but still come on!
  • One could also check the dates of the original posts.

I mean the link was posted May of last year and someone bumped it in November claiming the link was broken then.
  • So what that it was put in May? It should work till now or the one who put it should make an update or the dengine team should save his files before the link got broken ;> Broken stuff should be deleted from forum not to make confussion.
  • It is neither Deng Team's responsibility nor within our capacity to host a permanent file repository for user made add-ons. There exists numerous, readily available (i.e., free to use) dedicated web services (including the Doom-specific /idgames) for this sort of thing.
  • edited 2013 May 18
    First that all,

My apologies to all for the delay to response this post. I forgot that I've posted this pack, and all this happened because I saw that no one answered me for a lot a time! (six month exactly), hehehe

So sadly I left. I thought my pack was not interesting :(

Well, this year (hahaha, 2013) I remembered this engine (Doomsday), So I wanted to take a look and I see the NEW engine with all new goodies, features, and all this that I loved. So, I remember (too) the forum (yeeeaaaa!) and I found this sad post from all from you, with sad messages, sad past and sad conclucions. XDDD!!!

So, I've decided to upload my pack again, this time to https://drive.google.com (more stable that shit from http://www.2shared.com). Only we need some patience, this upload can take a time while.
    Are you using Dreadus' shotgun model? Link
    What is wrong with the caco and the pinky? They were working OK when they were released.
    Also, don't forget the new D2 loading screen I put together.
    *Yes, I'm using the model from Dreadus shotgun
    *The Doom 2 loading screen are GREAT, WOW! :-O
    *The caco and pinky model initially was maded to work on GZDoom engine, and I've exported (I don't like to call my work 'export') simply I've reorganized the directories inside the zip to match with Doomsday engine. All files, .ded are intact.
    *The what is wrong with caco is his texture and his animation when he dies (while caco dies, textures turn white for a short time). However, be the consideration that this pack was tested with Doomsday 1.9.9 (from May 2012). I have not tested this pack with new engine yet, so let me see how this work with the new engine.

Thats all for now folks.

I'll tell you when the pack is ready for download from Google Drive.

See ya!

PS: Oh! I forgot! For the next time, send me a mail to: cataflexia@gmail.com [:)
  • edited 2013 May 18
    The pack are ready. But I need to update some things such as many others blocky models. However, there is not better models for ShotGun guy, Zombie guy and Heavy Weapon dude, IMP, etc. Those models are terrible!

So I've decided to change the way of my pack an put for these models the hi res sprites x8.

For the Pinky and Caco I will mantain the hi def models. The same I'll do with the armor, shotgun.

When it is ready, I'll announce on this post.

So, be patient.
  • My mod is a long way from being released but you might be interested in the project. All of the models on the website are old and are being replaced by higher poly models so the site doesn't represent the true models but it can give you an idea of what to expect. The site will be updated in the next couple of months to reflect the recent changes.

Go here to check it out ->http://www.doomascension.com/
  • edited 2013 May 17
    KuriKai wrote:
    Yes!

I've seen it! Are the same that I've used for Doomsday engine.

But only I liked the pinky, doomguy and the caco models. The others are terrible.

In the meantime, I'm trying to export the MasterMInd model from GZDoom, but Doomsday stuck in the loading screen.

The mastermind for GZDoom (or Skulltag, Zandronum) loks great, here's a compare SS (the left original sprite, center low poly model, right the hi def model). The GZDoom model match better than the jDRP model pack for Doomsday compared with the original sprite of MasterMind.

The exported model for Doomsday (don't work yet)
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-r_dUx ... sp=sharing

The original model for GZDoom (only work on GZDoom, Skulltag, Zandronum)
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-r_dUx ... sp=sharing

screenshotdoom201305171.th.jpg doom1ultimate001.th.jpg screenshotdoom201305171.th.jpg

doom1ultimate0002.th.jpg doom1ultimate004.th.jpg screenshotdoom201305171.th.jpg

screenshotdoom201305171.th.jpg doom1ultimate006.th.jpg screenshotdoom201305171.th.jpg

So, if you can helpme to export correctly this model, will be genial!

Your comments.
  • That 'GZDoom Spider Demon' model originated from the Risen3D model pack.
  • edited 2013 May 17
    Maybe,

So, you can export it to Doomsday engine? Or if you can tell me how I can export it?
  • NiuHaka wrote:
    My mod is a long way from being released but you might be interested in the project. All of the models on the website are old and are being replaced by higher poly models so the site doesn't represent the true models but it can give you an idea of what to expect. The site will be updated in the next couple of months to reflect the recent changes.

Go here to check it out ->http://www.doomascension.com/
    Yes! I've been these fabulous project! If I remember right, I fouund these proyect in the past year.

So, actually, there is not hi def models, only those ugly and oldies models.

Sadly, I don't know how create models, anims, etc. I would love to contribute with your project, but my time are tight because my studies on Duoc are very intense, and hard.

Well, thanks for all comrade!

See ya!
  • Risen3D and Doomsday both use deds and the same ded syntax for models (Risen3D was based off a now ancient version of Doomsday). So it should just be a matter of copying the files straight out of the Risen3D model pack to the right folders (i.e so that Dday can find them).
  • Vermil wrote:
    Risen3D and Doomsday both use deds and the same ded syntax for models (Risen3D was based off a now ancient version of Doomsday). So it should just be a matter of copying the files straight out of the Risen3D model pack to the right folders (i.e so that Dday can find them).
    Yes, I did what you said. But it don't work.

If you download the exported PK3 that I've attached, you'll see that Doomsday engine stuck in the loading screen when you load any episode. I've tested on Doom 1, and I guess that will occur the same in Doom 2.

Any ideas?

However, all you say that this model is for Risen3D, but it work fine on GZDoom, so I think that the code for .ded file or something are incompatible with Doomsday.

If anybody can confirm what I say, would be great.
  • You misunderstand.

Sitters orginally made the model for Risen3D; the deds included with the Risen3D version of the model are compatible with Dday due to Risen3D and Dday both using deds and the same model definition syntax (and there has been little to no devergence between the two ports model def syntax since Risen3D forked from Dday). GZDoom has it's own model definitions, which are not compatible with Dday.

Hence, loading GZDoom model definitions with Dday, will not work.

Note that by model definition syntax, I do not mean the physical model, rather the 'code' that tells Dday, Risen3D or GZDoom how to use the model in game.

Unfortunetly, the Risen3D site is temporarilly down at the moement due to it's host moving servers; but when it is back up, here is the Risen3D home page with downloads for it's model packs, that include the Spider Demon.

http://risen3d.drdteam.org/
  • Ho! okey.

Thanks for the aclaration! Hehehe

Well, all what can we do is wait. But how many time? :-/
  • The last I heard, the move was going to take a few days, a couple of days ago.
  • Great!

I can't wait for probe these model on Doomsday!

Thanks dude! B-)
  • I posted my projects website earlier today but I just now realized you already know about this project. I remembered seeing your profile name on the forums. Sometimes I'm a Derp!
  • NiuHaka wrote:
    I posted my projects website earlier today but I just now realized you already know about this project. I remembered seeing your profile name on the forums. Sometimes I'm a Derp!
    Hahahahaha, yeah B-)
  • cataflexia wrote:
    Great!

I can't wait for probe these model on Doomsday!
    and I can't wait to see normal maps finally used in new models. In 2013, normals are the norm ;)
  • With normals, we will make everything on dengengine!!!

YIIAHAHAHA!

tumblrmjlnw06pxp1r88u00.jpg
  • Tea Monster actually made a post in response to my suggestion saying that it would be a good idea to start making models with normal maps because soon the code will be able to support it. I will find his message and quote it here.

Edit: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=875&start=220#p9034
    It would be a good idea if people making textures, especially those making textures with models, were to start producing normal and spec maps now, in readiness for when the renderer IS capable of such things. That way, people are not going to have to back track over a large catalogue of textures to bake off a shed load of normal maps.

DaniJ - you might want to make public some details of what sort of textures the new renderer will require. This is that texture and model artists can start now to get stuff ready. Questions such as:
    1. Will you support normal maps?
    2. Will you support parallax mapping?
    3. Will you support spec and/or gloss maps?
    4. Any UV mapping/modelling limitations such as mirrored UVs, model formats etc.

Just an idea.
  • Hmm, I guess that engine code with normals will bring us all these possibilities, so, I can imagine that this code can show graphics like Doom 3???

Or am I wrong about this?

Dream it's free!