Items pack v 1.1 for a new jHRP

edited 2012 May 5 in Addons for Heretic
EDIT: the awesome jasonbay13 has configured the pack neatly within a .box file which can be downloaded here:
http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/4/22/ ... RP.box.zip

Hello, everyone! Here is an attempt at a jHRP 1.1 Items pack. More ought to be on the way sometime, God-willing, but in the meantime, I hope you like it!

Here's a screenshot:
http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/4/22/ ... ems-11.png

...and here's the download link:
http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/4/22/ ... -Items.zip

...and the required particles and commonly-shared shiny skins zipfile:
http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/4/22/ ... quired.zip

It should look a little better in the future when the fire particles are made better, but for now I didn't want to delay a release any longer, especially 'cause if one particle is messed with, I'll be tempted to mess with them all and waste a lot of time not knowing where I'm going with it.

This is what's included:
-Bag of Holding
-Crystal Vial
-Darchala's Chaos Device
-Delmintalintar's Bomb of the Ancients
-Enchanted Shield
-Inhilicon's Wings of Wrath
-Map Scroll
-Mystic Urn
-Quartz Flask
-Shadowsphere
-Silver Shield
-Torch
-Torpol's Morph Ovum
-Tyketto's Tome of Power
-Valador's Ring of Invincibility
-artifact pickup
-Hi-res scaled and proportionately-rendered UI icons and/or activation sprites for each Artifact
-USEARTIA-USEARTIE sprites for item use

I was thinking of putting the UI stuff separately, but in case I had otherwise lost it for whatever reason, and so that they wouldn't be separated or waited a long time for, I put them in with the pack.

NOTE: There is a DED file in the main part of the .zip that eliminates item bobbing for models that have problems with particle generators otherwise. This can be disabled by simply removing or deleted the DED, and it won't harm the rest of the pack, but will just restore bobbing to all of the items.

Sorry for not making it an .addon or .box option, but I'm still a little fuzzy on how to get it to work just how I want it to - maybe when more packs are assembled!

Comments

• Wow... That looks freaking awesome! I'll HAVE to check it out soon.
  • As I've already said - great work. I can see room for improvement however these are certainly better than any previous interpretations I've seen. :)
  • DaniJ wrote:
    As I've already said - great work. I can see room for improvement however these are certainly better than any previous interpretations I've seen. :)
    lol...
    it figures! I was gonna ask for any suggestions but I didn't see you :)
  • Wow... I just checked this out in the game. This stuff looks so much better than any of the other JHRP models. I hope you plan on making a lot of the other Heretic models better as well, Psychikon.

A lot of the ammunition is not very satisfying at the moment, like the claw orbs and inferno orbs. Probably my biggest complaint in the current JHRP is the weredragon. It looks much too cartoonish and boring compared to a lot of the other monster models. Basically, it no longer looks scary or intimidating. The original sprite looked very intimidating! Another problem is that some of the monsters have no death animations (Disciples, Iron Lich, etc.)

I must also commend you on the Gargoyle! I've finally taken a look at it in the game. I have to say - I love the animation when you blow it into little bits. :))
  • I have to say, awesome work. I really like all the models, though I have on suggestion ;)

The vials are a bit too "fat" in my opinion. I changed the scaling a bit and I think a XYZ scaling of 7.1; 7.33; 7.1 looks better than the actual one. Your scaling was 8; 7.25; 8.
    (To get a preview with the scalings just click on the scalings to see the picture)

I have no other complaints though, keep up the good work, nice to see some progress for Heretic :)
  • Milten wrote:
    I have to say, awesome work. I really like all the models, though I have on suggestion ;)

The vials are a bit too "fat" in my opinion. I changed the scaling a bit and I think a XYZ scaling of 7.1; 7.33; 7.1 looks better than the actual one. Your scaling was 8; 7.25; 8.
    (To get a preview with the scalings just click on the scalings to see the picture)

I have no other complaints though, keep up the good work, nice to see some progress for Heretic :)

Yeah, don't you or anyone be afraid to make suggestions, 'cause they can always be updated in the future if it seems good. :) The vials do look better at that scale, but I'd probably keep the same height and scale the width (and just change the ratio to the latter one) 'cause of how they line up with the sprites, you know what I mean?

EDIT: well the little bit difference in height is negligible so I'll probably change it to what you put up there in any other release :)
  • I installed the .box but it's only partially working; the only model from it that shows is the glitter ball that appears when you take an item, the rest are still sprites. I have all the components of the .box checked in Snowberry. The inventory icons show fine. I have models enabled and the gargoyle model pack works fine.

Any help?
  • I installed the .box but it's only partially working; the only model from it that shows is the glitter ball that appears when you take an item, the rest are still sprites. I have all the components of the .box checked in Snowberry. The inventory icons show fine. I have models enabled and the gargoyle model pack works fine.

Any help?

Did you ever end up getting that fixed?

If it still won't work, I'm not sure if things have changed with the engine that causes them not to work or what. You could always try the third link on the first post in the thread (the .zip file for the pack) to see if that works. That should work, but the only thing is that you can't select which particular things that you want to use - it'd be all or none.
  • yeah i noticed the same too about the models not showing up but that doomsday just shows sprites when trying to run the pack with newer doomsday builds. thats why i myself reverted back to doomsday 1.9.0-beta6.9 myself :-/

it works perfectly with all the hi-res content for heretic. :)
    hexen works pretty much perfectly in that build as well except for that segmentation violation bug but i can live with that ;)

and heretic and hexen are the only 2games i use doomsday for, so for me personally that build is perfect. :D

for doom i use risen3d cuz their doom models look way better then the ones from jdrp :P