Public canada server

Hello everyone,

I'm running some doom/heretic/hexen server in canada, just want to let everyone know.

If there is any issues or suggestions, please write it in this thread :)

For now, there is only 1 server due to a bug in linux regarding advertised custom port, but I plan to move the server to a windows computer while it's being fixed. I will run about 12 differents servers.

Custom Doom megawads will be :

Doom The Way id Did
Doom 2 The Way id Did
TNT R
Plutonia 2
Plutonia Remasterized.

Server is running the 2.1 version.

Have fun !

Comments

• Everything should be up now.
  • edited 2019 Mar 19
    I added 4 megawads of 30-32 level each.

Memento Mori
    Memento Mori II
    Requiem
    Icarus

edit : added a couple more ...
  • Hi there, is it possible to use high resolution texture models on multiplayer ?
  • edited 2019 Mar 17
    Hi there, is it possible to use high resolution texture models on multiplayer ?
    Yes, it is possible.

However, some resource packs modify game data in ways that require the server and every player to use the same resources. But if a resource pack contains purely visual changes, one player can use the resources locally even if nobody else is.

Due to these issues, local multiplayer mods must be first enabled with a client-side setting:

⚙︎ > Network > Local Multiplayer Mods → enable

Before joining a game, right-click the server in the Multiplayer game list. This opens a white popup with information about the server. There should now be a Local Mods button enabled in the popup, where you can select which mods to load locally before joining the server.
  • woah fantastic this is sexual :D

There appears to be more than one model pack which is best ?

Thanks for the help!