Hi there. skyjake asked to post a little about the preliminary support of the Engine in this BGF Edition episode. I played for about ten minutes, and this was the result:
1) FPS is low, between 10 and 20, but my computer is a Intel Core2Quad Q6600 2.4 GHz, with 4 GB of RAM, an Intel DP35DP Motherboard, and an MSI Nvidia N560GTX, so the computer is a little slow. One thing to add, the Engine works perfectly at 60 FPS in small spaces, the problem starts only in big spaces, and the very first level of the episode is rather big, with a lot of windows, you can mostly see outside the whole time, so I'm thinking it's the same problem I had with Hexen: a little optimization for big places.
2) The textures, the 3d models, everything graphically speaking, is perfectly well rendered.
3) The music doesn't work, I tried in both BFG Edition Hell on Earth episode and No Rest for the Living episode with and without the addons, but the music sounds extremely... "faltering"? (that's the translation that google gave me to "entrecortado"), it's like it sounds for one second, and the next two or three it doesn't. I remember that there was GeneraluserGS as a MIDI player, I'm not certain if this is correct, or it's a generic MIDI player that the engine found because it didn't have one selected (I rathered not tinker with it); and the CD plugin was Windows Multimedia, which again I'm not sure if it's correct, but I rathered not tinker with it.
4) I started the episode in Hurt Me Plenty, and so far I can say that the damage done by the enemies is correct, the recovery of medikits works too (each and every one), the armor and health bonus is correct... This has a name, which I can't remember right now, I believe it's called the "logic" of the game.
5) Although the music doesn't work, I'm playing in 7.1 surround sound, and the sound is outstanding, not a single problem, not even in the low FPS of my computer, the 3d is flawless.
6) I remember a file that contained detailed information about the execution of the engine, what it called "doomsday.out"? If that's the one, I thought about posting it, but this is all that the file contained:
Application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Doomsday\Bin\Doomsday.exe
Created a new 32.0 MB memory volume.
Config::read: modules/Config matches version [ 2, 0, 0, 1857 ]
I'm not sure this was the file, I remember there was another that had a lot of info, so I'll ask if anyone can tell me which is it, so I post the whole info about the playing.