Weird problems build 2065

edited 2016 Aug 29 in General
So I just updated to the newest version build 2065 IIRC; and I'm having some weird problems.

First the biggest one; after a few times starting it up, it suddenly no longer detects the games; even once again picking out the directories where the games reside, it just keeps saying that it doesn't detect any games.

Also, the crosshair color doesn't seem to change at all. The crosshair is always red in game, even if the default color in the hud options is white; changing the color in the hud options has no impact on the crosshair color in game; it remains red.

Comments

• Hmm, it is possible that recent changes to the engine startup (with regard to locating game files and other resources in much shorter time than before) have introduced some new bugs. It would be interesting to see what your doomsday.out log contains when it fails to find any games.
  • hi,

I have the same issue, but found out that this is somehow related to addon handling. I selected a "box" addon like xarp_013.box.zip and started Hexen, but no stuff from that addon was ingame. After quiting the game and restarting doomsday it says missing game-data for Hexen. After deleting that addon from the addon loading list, the game data was found again....

Are the old snowberry box addons incompatible with 2.0x ?
  • 0815Jack wrote:
    I have the same issue, but found out that this is somehow related to addon handling. I selected a "box" addon like xarp_013.box.zip and started Hexen, but no stuff from that addon was ingame. After quiting the game and restarting doomsday it says missing game-data for Hexen. After deleting that addon from the addon loading list, the game data was found again....
    Sounds like a bug in the handling of game profiles. I'll check it out.
    0815Jack wrote:
    Are the old snowberry box addons incompatible with 2.0x ?
    2.0 does support .box addons now. This feature was recently implemented and may still have some shortcomings.

However, ".box.zip" is not a valid addon format — you'll first need to unzip the .box folder for Doomsday to successfully load it.
  • ok i extracted the box addon and now the content loads...