Flying enemies glitch

edited 2013 Dec 29 in DOOM
I've noticed that any flying enemy (Lost Soul, Cacodemon, Pain Elemental) will occasionally get stuck in the world. Cacodemons completely vanish but Lost Souls are just floating fires. Shooting in their direction or moving about seems to get them unstuck. Odd little glitch, not sure if the team is aware. I should have taken some screenshots, sorry. I will try to recreate the issue. You can try it on E2M6 Halls of the Damned (UV) in Ultimate Doom. There are plenty of rooms with these enemies.

FYI I am using the following add-ons:
  • jDoom Resource Pack (jDRP)
  • Sycraft's Doom Soundtracks
  • jdui-all-20120223.pk3
  • HQ DOOM SFX
  • Doom hi-res Texture Pack

Comments

• There are a couple of issues with flyer AI currently.

Have you tried to replicate the issue without the model pack on (just to narrow down whether it's models, the AI or something else)?

Also, have you enabled the WIP 3d movement option in the compatibility menu? It doesn't work fully in Doom yet, only Heretic.
  • Vermil wrote:
    There are a couple of issues with flyer AI currently.

Have you tried to replicate the issue without the model pack on (just to narrow down whether it's models, the AI or something else)?

Also, have you enabled the WIP 3d movement option in the compatibility menu? It doesn't work fully in Doom yet, only Heretic.
    Haven't tried no models but I know for sure it's a Doomsday issue. I've never seen it happen in ZDoom before (which is what I always used before I found Doomsday). I haven't even seen the WIP 3d movement option. I checked and saw nothing of the like. I know one thing, it sure gives Cacodemons quite the advantage. They glitch into the ceiling and when you walk under them, they can reappear and then get the jump on you haha. :-O
  • This sounds a configuration issue. Try disabling all your addons and see if the issue is resolved, then enable them one by one to find the culprit.
  • DaniJ wrote:
    This sounds a configuration issue. Try disabling all your addons and see if the issue is resolved, then enable them one by one to find the culprit.
    Without any addons enabled, it doesn't happen. I recently changed my load order so that jDRP was first. Haven't seen this glitch happen since, but I'm not sure if that even effects it.