Final Doom: Plutonia Experiment music issue

edited 2013 Jul 12 in DOOM
Well I finally gave up with the MIDI, and just downloaded OGG soundtracks for the Dooms and Heretic, but I don't understand-- Is there any way to get Plutonia to play the proper music tracks? All I can do is replicate the Doom 2 level soundtrack. I suppose it would need a custom .ded file or something, but I have no idea where to start there... And it baffles me that it doesn't seem like anybody has done it, nor can I seem to even find any discussion anywhere on the subject.

I did find out that Plutonia plays tracks from Doom and Doom 2, but that's as far as I got.

Comments

• If I load up a Doom 1 music addon, the game will play the proper music for levels with doom 1 music. But it'll play crappy Microsoft GS music for the Doom 2 levels. If I add any Doom 2 music to the mix, all the sudden Doomsday ignores the .ded file, and acts like I'm playing Doom 2.
  • Are you trying to load multiple music add-ons at once? If you are playing DOOM 1 then you should only load a DOOM 1 music pack. Similarly when playing DOOM 2 you should only load a DOOM 2 music pack.
  • Plutonia doesn't 'play tracks from Doom1 and 2'. It has it's own music tracks, that happen to be copies of tracks from Doom1 and Doom2 (much like the same music track from a band appearing on more than one of their compilations) and have the same names as Doom2 tracks (due to both Final Doom Iwads being based off Doom2).

As such, you have to make a custom music pack for Plutonia or, as you commented, you can make a custom ded that remaps tracks from Doom1 and Doom2 music add-ons.

I believe Sycraft actually made such a ded you can base off; you can find his music add-on on the Dday add-ons page I believe.
  • FINALLY got it. I forfeited sleep for the night, but I got it!

I never want to cut and paste this much ever again. lol :))
    # jDoom: Music and Sound Effects

Header { Version = 5; }

#####====--- MUSIC ---====#####

Music { ID = "None"; }
    Music { ID = "runnin"; Lump = "D_RUNNIN"; Ext = "Data\jDoom\Music\d_e1m2.ogg"; }
    Music { ID = "stalks"; Lump = "D_STALKS"; Ext = "Data\jDoom\Music\d_e1m3.ogg"; }
    Music { ID = "countd"; Lump = "D_COUNTD"; Ext = "Data\jDoom\Music\d_e1m6.ogg"; }
    Music { ID = "betwee"; Lump = "D_BETWEE"; Ext = "Data\jDoom\Music\d_e1m4.ogg"; }
    Music { ID = "doom"; Lump = "D_DOOM"; Ext = "Data\jDoom\Music\d_e1m9.ogg"; }
    Music { ID = "the_da"; Lump = "D_THE_DA"; Ext = "Data\jDoom\Music\d_e1m8.ogg"; }
    Music { ID = "shawn"; Lump = "D_SHAWN"; Ext = "Data\jDoom\Music\d_e2m1.ogg"; }
    Music { ID = "ddtblu"; Lump = "D_DDTBLU";Ext = "Data\jDoom\Music\d_e2m2.ogg"; }
    Music { ID = "in_cit"; Lump = "D_IN_CIT"; Ext = "Data\jDoom\Music\d_e3m3.ogg"; }
    Music { ID = "dead"; Lump = "D_DEAD"; Ext = "Data\jDoom\Music\d_e1m7.ogg"; }
    Music { ID = "stlks2"; Lump = "D_STLKS2"; Ext = "Data\jDoom\Music\d_bunny.ogg"; }
    Music { ID = "theda2"; Lump = "D_THEDA2"; Ext = "Data\jDoom\Music\d_e3m8.ogg"; }
    Music { ID = "doom2"; Lump = "D_DOOM2"; Ext = "Data\jDoom\Music\d_e3m2.ogg"; }
    Music { ID = "ddtbl2"; Lump = "D_DDTBL2"; Ext = "Data\jDoom\Music\d_e2m8.ogg"; }
    Music { ID = "runni2"; Lump = "D_RUNNI2"; Ext = "Data\jDoom\Music\d_e2m7.ogg"; }
    Music { ID = "dead2"; Lump = "D_DEAD2"; Ext = "Data\jDoom\Music\d_e3m1.ogg"; }
    Music { ID = "stlks3"; Lump = "D_STLKS3"; Ext = "Data\jDoom\Music\d_e1m1.ogg"; }
    Music { ID = "romero"; Lump = "D_ROMERO"; Ext = "Data\jDoom\Music\d_e1m7.ogg"; }
    Music { ID = "shawn2"; Lump = "D_SHAWN2"; Ext = "Data\jDoom\Music\d_e1m5.ogg"; }
    Music { ID = "messag"; Lump = "D_MESSAG"; Ext = "Data\jDoom\Music\d_messag.ogg"; }
    Music { ID = "count2"; Lump = "D_COUNT2"; Ext = "Data\jDoom\Music\d_read_m.ogg"; }
    Music { ID = "ddtbl3"; Lump = "D_DDTBL3"; Ext = "Data\jDoom\Music\d_ddtblu.ogg"; }
    Music { ID = "ampie"; Lump = "D_AMPIE"; Ext = "Data\jDoom\Music\d_ampie.ogg"; }
    Music { ID = "theda3"; Lump = "D_THEDA3"; Ext = "Data\jDoom\Music\d_the_da.ogg"; }
    Music { ID = "adrian"; Lump = "D_ADRIAN"; Ext = "Data\jDoom\Music\d_adrian.ogg"; }
    Music { ID = "messg2"; Lump = "D_MESSG2"; Ext = "Data\jDoom\Music\d_messag.ogg"; }
    Music { ID = "romer2"; Lump = "D_ROMER2"; Ext = "Data\jDoom\Music\d_e2m1.ogg"; }
    Music { ID = "tense"; Lump = "D_TENSE"; Ext = "Data\jDoom\Music\d_e2m2.ogg"; }
    Music { ID = "shawn3"; Lump = "D_SHAWN3"; Ext = "Data\jDoom\Music\d_e1m1.ogg"; }
    Music { ID = "openin"; Lump = "D_OPENIN"; Ext = "Data\jDoom\Music\d_victor.ogg"; }
    Music { ID = "evil"; Lump = "D_EVIL"; Ext = "Data\jDoom\Music\d_e1m8.ogg"; }
    Music { ID = "ultima"; Lump = "D_ULTIMA"; Ext = "Data\jDoom\Music\d_e2m8.ogg"; }
    Music { ID = "read_m"; Lump = "D_READ_M"; Ext = "Data\jDoom\Music\d_read_m.ogg"; }
    Music { ID = "dm2ttl"; Lump = "D_DM2TTL"; Ext = "Data\jDoom\Music\d_dm2ttl.ogg"; }
    Music { ID = "dm2int"; Lump = "D_DM2INT"; Ext = "Data\jDoom\Music\d_dm2int.ogg"; }

• Vermil wrote:
    Plutonia doesn't 'play tracks from Doom1 and 2'. It has it's own music tracks, that happen to be copies of tracks from Doom1 and Doom2 (much like the same music track from a band appearing on more than one of their compilations) and have the same names as Doom2 tracks (due to both Final Doom Iwads being based off Doom2).

As such, you have to make a custom music pack for Plutonia or, as you commented, you can make a custom ded that remaps tracks from Doom1 and Doom2 music add-ons.

I believe Sycraft actually made such a ded you can base off; you can find his music add-on on the Dday add-ons page I believe.
    I was using Sycraft's packs, but there wasn't one for Plutonia. So I just used all 3 of the packs, snipped here, copied there, poked, stuffed gauze there... Finally figured it out..

It just sucked because I had to look through other mods to get the gist of .ded files so I could figure it out. :)

Took me forever to figure out all I had to do was use the ID and Lumps of Doom2 and just change the Ext stuff! =))