Icarus WAD file

2»

Comments

• The ones I tried (from ID Games) all launched fine for me.

Makes me wonder if your Dday installation has an issue, rather than the mods being at fault.

Can you produce your out file when you load one of the mods?
  • Totenhaus is loading fine for me in build 621, please post your doomsday.out

I'm not sure what you mean with your comment about ZDoom. ZDoom has mod specific settings like every port does.
  • Ok, a copy of the previous post with working links and an additional screenshot:

Wrong texture being used at the beginning of map 04 of Memento Mori if I have hi-res texture pack installed as an all or nothing format by having it selected in the launcher:

http://i.imgur.com/Dh8s3.jpg

As for the blood effect. The first link below is the way the blood appears if I have the hi-res pack deselected in the launcher and have the flats and textures subfolders under data/jdoom with overriding hi-res textures that conflict with custom wall textures being manually deleted by me (so I can use the hi-res textures where they work correctly without some of them overriding the fan-made ones):

http://i.imgur.com/lF9A8.jpg

The 2nd link shows the blood effect if I don't have those subfolders under data/jdoom and instead I have the hi-res pack selected:

http://i.imgur.com/zbF2H.jpg

Notice the difference in the blood effects just because I install the hi-res textures in a non-pack format? In the pack, there were some other folders like lightmaps and dhtp project deds that I put in the root directly since that is their location in the pack. I also put an archvile flame patch folder under data/jdoom. Maybe I put them in the wrong place?

Edit: But it seems Vermil is correct in that sometimes you can use the hi-res pack and it will do what it is supposed to do and allow the custom texture to take priority if 'allow external with pwads' is disabled. One con of not allowing external with pwads though is that you are stuck using the low-res skies that are part of the custom wad. Also disabling it doesn't garantee that the custom textures will always take priority, as Vermil said.
  • Vermil wrote:
    I can confirm that supression algorithim for hi-res textures and flats appears to be almost completely broken in the current builds; as a user I also can't (yet) see any patern to the ocasional time it does decide to work vs not.
    Seems to be texture dependent. For exmaple, in the wad I'm playing (Memento Mori), the sw1brik switch texture seems to always take priority over a custom switch texture, even though it shouldn't be.

By the way, when playing map 28 of Memento Mori, it seems that if I have the model pack operational and its defs installed, then later in the map, I will start to see the framerate get very chopping and this decrease of fps will progress until a freeze occurs. Cutting out the def folder for the remainder of that map made that problem go away. Now I pasted the def folder back in for the next map since these models make the game look far better than the original sprites, including the effects. This problem is the same problem I had in segments of Plutonia 2 last year which I posted about already. I wonder why some maps have this problem with the model pack. Most don't however.
  • The issue with the suppression of hires replacements for IWAD-defined textures replaced in a PWAD not always working has been addressed for the next release (i.e., the one following today's build 627).