[Ubuntu] music or not music?

Hello,

just to know how it runs on your computer, does DE plays Dooms games music and what plugin you are using.
On linux Ubuntu precise 64 bits, I could hear music with:
SDL-plugin and openhal (I have to installed necessary librairies).
But with FMOD Ex, no music, only game sounds.

With the windows version (Wine), I have not music at all, whatever the plugin I choose.

Thanks for your reply.

LGDN

Comments

• Finally I found that on Windows (Wine) I could have music if I use music addons with Fmod ex.
    In Linux too, I coudl have music with Fmod ex if I use music addons.
    Finally Fmod ex plugin aim role is to play only addons music, not native?
  • The FMOD Ex plugin is capable of handling all audio playback: 2D and 3D sound effects, environmental reverb effects, music playback (MP3, etc.), and even CD music playback. However, in order for it to play the original game music (which is basically MIDI), it needs to have a soundfont. The FMOD Ex plugin itself supports soundfonts in .DLS format. Music should start playing back after you specify the full path of a .DLS soundfont using the "music-soundfont" cvar.

Starting with 1.9.9 (already in the current unstable builds) there is the new dsFluidSynth plugin, which gives the FMOD Ex plugin capability to play back MIDI music with .SF2 soundfonts. These are usually much better quality than .DLS sounfonts. Instructions are in the wiki.
  • Thank you for your detailed answer and for very good work :-)
  • I use the doom clasic music pack from the addons section while playing, music how it was supposed to sound^^