I Met The Doom Guy on Holiday!!!

edited 2013 Jun 4 in DOOM
I recently went to Great Yarmouth on the English coast for 1 week break. While I was there I was expecting a pretty low-key week.
When suddenly, without any warning, guess who I bump into!

At first I thought it was BJ Blazkowicz, but after I took a second look at that chin, I knew who it really was.

He's got a bit older and you can tell he dosen't work out any more, but it's him.

There I was thinking I was going to have to endure a week off from all things Doom, when this happens, WOW!!!!

doomguy2.jpg

Comments

• Doom Guy - 20 years later...
    B-)
  • Fantastic! He looks a bit more like the Quake Guy to me. Just put that helmet on his head and its perfect.
  • well what if the quake guy is the doomguy 20 years later? lol
  • You should have asked for his autograph :p
  • Lol. Good find. I live in great yarmouth. Been gaming since the doom days.
    Hope u had fun in yarmouth. Did u go on the pleasure beach?
    Anyway. Take care all!
  • So this is THE actual Doomguy (hud face)? He still looks badass as all hell. Do you happen to know his name?
  • @Flynn95: As far as I am aware the hud face is simply an art asset and is not directly derived from any one person's photograph. I believe the guys are just larking about.
  • Flynn95 wrote:
    ...Do you happen to know his name?
    Doomguy Dacote Quakeboots.
  • DaniJ wrote:
    @Flynn95: As far as I am aware the hud face is simply an art asset and is not directly derived from any one person's photograph. I believe the guys are just larking about.
    Shhhhh! ;)

Wazzie - Yes, we went to the pleasure beach. My wife was saying how nice her Mum said GY was, and we saw that, there was a nice feel to the place compared to Skeggy or other seaside towns. We went to the American Diner there (only mildly authentic, but nice food and service) and we saw the Yesterday's World, which we enjoyed. We didn't see any of the shows this time (Chubby was on!!!!) but maybe next time.

I snapped the Doom/Quake guy at the Joyland Pier. We were staying at Hemsby for most of the holiday.