Fiddling 'round with the jDRP

2»

Comments

• DaniJ wrote:
    There is a caveat to this rule; we allow such materials if and only if they are derivative works of material(s) from a game which can be played with the Doomsday engine and the package can only be used usefully with that same game (without modification).
    Is that like the Quartz Flasks, Crystal Vials, Barrels, and Torches from Hexen II?
  • Psychikon wrote:
    Is that like the Quartz Flasks, Crystal Vials, Barrels, and Torches from Hexen II?
    ...Hexen 2 can't be played in the Doomsday engine though. What he means is for example taking the sprites from Doom 1, using them as a base for creating a Vector drawing (derivative work), and turning it into a Sprite Pack for Doom 1.
  • JonusC wrote:
    ...Hexen 2 can't be played in the Doomsday engine though. What he means is for example taking the sprites from Doom 1, using them as a base for creating a Vector drawing (derivative work), and turning it into a Sprite Pack for Doom 1.
    Well, I was mainly hinting at things that need to be replaced! :D
  • Well, how do I get it there? Do I just email it to you and ask, or is there some magic site that I haven't been able to find that will let me upload it to there?
    And, to be truly honest I really don't like rapidshare's stupid crap (remember trying to figure out which letters had a stick-figure cat on them? Horrible, horrible times) and the, like, 2-minute wait really pisses me off.
  • hellrazor wrote:
    Well, how do I get it there? Do I just email it to you and ask, or is there some magic site that I haven't been able to find that will let me upload it to there?
    And, to be truly honest I really don't like rapidshare's stupid crap (remember trying to figure out which letters had a stick-figure cat on them? Horrible, horrible times) and the, like, 2-minute wait really pisses me off.
    bad experiences, huh? :( I don't think they're like that anymore - at least not when I go on there...

I think the pack moderator would upload it to the site when a link is made available
  • I imagine the Deng file mirror is reserved for complete addons rather than work-in-progress assets? Rapidshare is fine, they have no captcha at all but have a 1-minute delay and 100mb per hour limit. Megaupload is similar but has a simple captcha and seems faster (for me anyway). Mediafire is my personal favorite - its fast, has tiny delay, but the Flash uploader can play up sometimes (using IE8 sometimes helps).

Although, Windows Live Skydive gives you a free 1GB space with no nonsense for whatever you wish too (still no direct-links however).
  • The addon page contains wip addons.
    and when I notice someone has uploaded something and it fits the guidelines dani posted earlier I will download it from where they got it hosted and then uploaded it to the addons page
  • I tried megaupload (I even have a free account with them from way back when), and when I press browse it simply doesn't do anything. Mediafire's still doing the same...... Maybe my computer's too much of a piece of crap (I already knew that :D). I've never had problems uploading files before though.....
  • I used to have similar random problems in these Flash forms with Firefox browser, I just always assumed it was one of the many extensions causing it - for that reason I have a copy of Opera and Safari installed, a "bare bones" browser for uploading only (and testing browser compliance of course).

These file sharing sites really should give the owner FTP access.