Dmd To Md2 Converter for Windows. Updated to V1.1 Final

edited 2012 Jan 15 in Tools and Techniques
Hi.

Dmd To Md2 Converter is a GUI for 'md2tool.exe' making converting dmd files to md2 without the need to use the command prompt and typing the commands. Now all you need to do is to install Dmd To Md2 Converter, select you options, navagate to where your dmd files are and convert them. You also have the option to do a batch convertion and convert as many dmd files in one go.

You can even select to have folders created for each of your md2 files with the same folder name as the original.
If each of your dmd files are not in thier own folders then do not select 'Create folders' as the converter copies the folder names to create your new ones.

Updated the converter and re-uploaded the Converter to version 1.1 Final

All options have been implamented.
Cleaned up the code.
Changed the layout of the GUI.

Download DMD To Md2 Converter V1.1 Final: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GOS94CT0

Please leave some feedback, thank you.

Regards

Worf

Comments

• Very cool, what language you using to make it?
  • Worf wrote:
    I just thought i would let you all know that i will be releasing a Windows front end for the dos program md2tool.exe.
    Md2tool is not a DOS program.
  • edited 2012 Jan 14
    I will try to get it all finished by next week.

Worf
  • KuriKai wrote:
    Very cool, what language you using to make it?

Hi KuriKai.

Thank you, it is written in Visual Basic .Net.
  • reg wrote:
    Worf wrote:
    I just thought i would let you all know that i will be releasing a Windows front end for the dos program md2tool.exe.
    Md2tool is not a DOS program.

Anything that is run through a Dos box is a Dos program as it does not have a UI and everything you do with it has to be done through a dos box.

Unless you know something i don't?
  • Worf wrote:
    Anything that is run through a Dos box is a Dos program as it does not have a UI
    That's called GUI. If it wouldn't have any UI, you wouldn't be able to use it. Md2tool does have UI, just a command-line one.
    Worf wrote:
    and everything you do with it has to be done through a dos box.
    You can't run m2dtool.exe in DosBox, or the real DOS for that matter. This binary is Windows-only. (You probably would be able to compile it yourself for DOS, though.) Also, Windows "Command Prompt" program (what you called "DOS Box", which it is not) is not the only way to run command-line programs.
  • Hi reg.

I stand corrected, i keep calling the command prompt a 'DOS box' anything with a UI a dos program. I must stop doing that...lol Stems from Win98.

Anyway, this is a GUI for md2tool. I thought i would make one as i though some people would fined it usfull instead of using the Command Prompt and having to type it all in. I haven't really used md2tool only to test it so i have had to go by the help info.

One question you may be abke to help me with. What format does the -create argument uses framelistfile? Is it a .txt file?

Regards

Worf
  • Worf wrote:
    One question you may be abke to help me with. What format does the -create argument uses framelistfile? Is it a .txt file?
    Yes, a plain text file. it doesn't need to have any particular extension, though.