New Looks

edited 2006 Apr 15 in Developers
<i>This post was originally made by <b>skyjake</b> on the dengDevs blog. It was posted under the category: Blog.</i>

I didn't feel like doing any heavy thinking, so I revised the blog theme instead: I give you the Planet Theme. I think this is a vast improvement over the blue Pool theme. :) Let me know if you've got any comments about the new theme or suggestions for improvement.

The latest comments list has some text that gets lost in the background color. I'll need to fix that.

Comments

• Nice work. This new theme looks much better than the pool theme.

The only thing I'm not so keen on is the jet-black frame. With my window sized to match the width of the site (with a 4px border approx) it looks fine but elsewise I find the black a bit overpowering.

A very nitpicky thing would be - the orange "Leave A Comment" box seems to waste a lot of horizontal space that the text field could occupy.
  • OK, thanks for the comments. I made the background a bit lighter and adjusted the comment editor text field.
  • Some further minor tweaks. Comments should now be easier to read since the backgrounds are a bit lighter and the text is black. Blockquotes have a line in the left edge instead of a background color. There is a subtle gradient in title backgrounds. The latest comments colors are correct. And, the blog description is once again shown under the "dengDevs" title.
  • Excellent. The tweaks you made have enhanced the look of the blog a lot.
  • looking nice. I do have a bit of trouble reading the code? tags on the background, the text is a very similar colour, so a bit darker text would be nice (or a different background for that section)
  • Thanks.
    <blockquote> I do have a bit of trouble reading the code? tags on the background</blockquote>You mean the blockquote tags? I changed the quote color to white and made the comment metadata use a reddish orange similar to the sidebar titles. This streamlines the palette a bit, since the pale brown used in the blockquotes and the comment metadata really wasn't part of the gray/orange/black theme.