Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Non Doomsday mods working on Doomsday

edited 2011 Feb 9 in DOOM
Does anyone know what Doom mods and TCs that were not made with Doomsday are compatible with Doomsday? Like, can wads for zdoom be converted over to Doomsday?

Comments

  • Does anyone know what Doom mods and TCs that were not made with Doomsday are compatible with Doomsday? Like, can wads for zdoom be converted over to Doomsday?
    Those which were made for limit removing ports and don't use Dehacked. Some of those that do are broken now. As for ZDoom mods, I don't know of any program which could do that.
  • Doomsday has always supported 99.9% of Dehacked. Support for the other 0.1% was largely, if not completely, added in the 1.9 Beta's. If you have found a feature of Dehacked that doesn't work in the latest 1.9 beta, report it.

    However, 1.8.6 can only load external Dehacked patches (i.e Dehacked patches that aren't in the wad) from the run folder.
  • Vermil wrote:
    Doomsday has always supported 99.9% of Dehacked. Support for the other 0.1% was largely, if not completely, added in the 1.9 Beta's.
    FYI: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.ph ... tid=542099
  • Bugs or temporary regressions in a Beta release are expected (Final Doom wasn't playable in Beta5.1 for instance).

    Fact remains that you incorrectly stated that Doomsday doesn't support Dehacked.

    If you had stated that Doomsday does support Dehacked, but that the current beta version of the engine has a bug in its deh reader, that would have been correct.
  • I found a few Wolfenstein 3D TCs someone made, specifically the AFAdoomer one, and I was wondering if I could use that in Doomsday. I already got the main Doomsday games and the Absolution TC, and I want to try to play Wolfenstein, too, so any way of getting these two things to work would be appreciated.
  • It would be nice of Eternal IV would work for Doomsday.
  • As soon as we hit beta 6.10, I plan to take a crack at updating some legacy TC's for Doomsday....
Sign In or Register to comment.