Resource packs?

edited 2010 Nov 29 in Addons for Hexen
I haven't been around in a couple of years but now that I'm back I see that things have changed some. Anyway, where are the resource packs?

Comments

• For some reason they are not on Doomsday's addon page, but I managed to find a version of the JXRP via a torrent, but I'm probably not allowed to post that here since it also contained copies of all the games that Doomsday plays.

Here is a copy I ran across at ModDB: http://www.moddb.com/games/hexen/addons ... source-box

I did also run across this pack that contains the Hexen N64 soundtrack for Doomsday: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSIrfGP2Cqw
  • These are the places to look in at the moment:
  • skyjake wrote:
    The new SF.net files browser sucks btw...)
    I reckon. The new Sourceforge template in general is a complete arse-blaster. I mean the bad kind of arse-blaster :D

Anyway, i'm not sure if it's up to date, but check out the Hexen Community Collection Pack over at http://cainx.free.fr/Montrav.htm
  • Also, here's some extra textures (you still need JX-Textures from the above link).
    I found it in the Hexen textures thread at Ne*doom.
  • After many,many moons I've finally compiled a complete High res Texture Pack. It contains all the textures that have been done so far, with credit given to the various people who made the textures. I'll need help with the names of the guys that did the first Hig-Rest textures included with the XCCP v1.1 and I've got them listed as Picklebro and Ex-Deus but I don't know if that's correct.

BTW, it's a complete texture pack too, not just bits & pieces. The textures I wasn't happy with have been replaced with High Res originals. It's on Rapidshare with a premium account, but I'll see if I can post the details on the Wiki as requested. I'll also need KuriKai to check the pack and make any necessary adjustments, or add any other information as I don't know what to include in the way of information.

The textures are from Tsydimus, Arthur-K, myself and those that created the first new high res textures incorporated into XCCP v1.1!

[edit] I just checked the Wiki and don't know how to add the info needed, so I'll place the download like here. Just unzip the contents into the same folder where all your textures are. They're in PNG format, and not PK3. Here's where you can get them:

http://rapidshare.com/files/406702599/XCTP.zip
  • nice, I will get it onto the addons page soon. I jsut have a question. what are particle textures doing in there?
    e.g. Particle01.tga
    also should the "azazlb6.jpg" file be in the textures folder?

and I have moved the flats into the proper directory and made all textures lowercase :)
  • Hi KuriKai,

Glad you like it. That "odd" texture was created by Tsidymus, but I don't know what the corresponding texture is actually named. If it's suposed to be in a series of three like a switch or something leave it out as that's the only one. I can't play Doomsday on this POS! :(

Let me know how everything looks. Also keep an eye out on texture edges to make certain that they tile perfectly. BTW, who really did create those beautiful textures like thre brass doors? As far as the particles go, I forgot how that got there. I just remember with them in the textures folder that there were thousands of sparks. Back in the Oz when I has a *real* computer!
  • uploading to a host now that will be a webseed for the future torrent that I will release within the next 24hours^^
  • For all those who want a "one click" download, I'll happily upload all the resource packs for jDoom, jHeretic and jHexen to my Rapidshare account. Depeneding on where you are in the world, some countries have banned the use of torrents, others have them filtered/blocked. I created that premium account, and I'll gladly host the packs for those who can't downoad using torrents. The whole point is about making these avilable to whoever needs them so thay can enjoys Doomsday will all the add-ons.
  • ok, a bit later then I said it would be, but the pack is now on the addons page^^
  • Kurikai, there used to be a rain addon for Hexen. I have it already, but why isn't it on addon page?
  • ^^^
    there's a data\jhexen\flats\flatf-f_sky.png file, shouldn't it be data\jhexen\flats\f_sky.png ?
    prtl02,prtl03 textures look like doom textures rather than hexen original textures!
  • Right from the outset, the textures were stated as being an alternate set of textures. It's just like the high res textures in jHeretic are not exact dupilcates of the originals, but versions that keep the atmosphere and general appearance. You'll also find that there are high res textures for use with Risen3D that can also be used with jDoom, but again, they're not exact replicas of the originals.

Of course, you're welcome to create replacement texures that are more faithful to the originals, along with replacements for the original textures that were never completed.
  • reg wrote:
    Kurikai, there used to be a rain addon for Hexen. I have it already, but why isn't it on addon page?

because when the file server went down for good, I was in Korea and idn't have access to all the packs (which were on my home computer)
  • For some reason they are not on Doomsday's addon page, but I managed to find a version of the JXRP via a torrent, but I'm probably not allowed to post that here since it also contained copies of all the games that Doomsday plays.

Here is a copy I ran across at ModDB: http://www.moddb.com/games/hexen/addons ... source-box

I did also run across this pack that contains the Hexen N64 soundtrack for Doomsday: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSIrfGP2Cqw

I'm trying to run the resource box in that link, but some of the enemies just freeze and don't do anything. However, if I try to load the game without the resource box, the enemies look untextured and ugly. What am I doing wrong?
  • Sounds like your install directory has gotten in a mess if that is the case. Have a clean out and ensure you aren't running with parts of half-installed mods.
  • DaniJ wrote:
    Sounds like your install directory has gotten in a mess if that is the case. Have a clean out and ensure you aren't running with parts of half-installed mods.

I'm using the old 1.8.6 version, and I'm putting them in the proper areas, but I'm still having problems. Is this package only able to work with the 1.9 version of the game?
  • Yes it appears that addon requires a later version of Doomsday.
  • Well, that sucks. I thought it was said that both v. 1.8.6 and v. 1.9 were able to accept and run the same addons?
  • It can bar a couple of minor differences. You are having a problem because the newer version of that addon has been packaged for use with Snowberry, not Kickstart. Kickstart won't have a clue what to do with the files.
  • DaniJ wrote:
    It can bar a couple of minor differences. You are having a problem because the newer version of that addon has been packaged for use with Snowberry, not Kickstart. Kickstart won't have a clue what to do with the files.

Well, is there an older version of the addon that can work with Kickstart? Or do I have to upgrade to Snowberry to make it work? If so, do I have to uninstall v. 1.8.6 to upgrade or no? And does Snowberry come with v. 1.9, or do I have to download it separately?
  • Well, is there an older version of the addon that can work with Kickstart?
    I don't know. Possibly.
    Or do I have to upgrade to Snowberry to make it work?
    In order to use this addon without modification; yes you'd need to upgrade to Snowberry.
    If so, do I have to uninstall v. 1.8.6 to upgrade or no
    When upgrading the engine from 1.8.6 to one of the newer beta releases; yes, you will need to un-install and then re-install Doomsday. Installing over the top of an existing 1.8.6 install won't work. Alternatively, install it in some other location.
    And does Snowberry come with v. 1.9, or do I have to download it separately?
    Snowberry is installed along with the engine on Windows as part of the normal install process.
  • Now that isn't fair. And all of the resource packs I've found have the same problems; some of the monsters move around like possessed chess pieces, not like they should. There HAS to be a way to fix this in 1.8.6, because other than that issue, the packs seem to be somewhat compatible with it.
  • I've seen Snowberry + 1.8.6 package somewhere on NewDoom forums.
  • reg wrote:
    I've seen Snowberry + 1.8.6 package somewhere on NewDoom forums.

So have I, but I haven't been able to get the link to work; it always times out on me. Is there another way of getting a Snowberry that is compatible with 1.8.6? I heard that the Snowberry that came with v. 1.9.0 beta5 worked with v. 1.8.6, but I can't confirm it. At this point, I'm almost convinced it's NOT worth the effort to get the addons/updates working.