Map Designing Forum?

edited 2010 Nov 21 in DOOM
I'm about to finish my first Doom map since 1996. I've got at least 8 levels planned. I've been so removed from the Doom community though, and unfamiliar with the capabilities of advanced engines, I'm wondering if there's a good place/forum to go to spread my work around and get feedback on it? I'm sure there are lots of new tricks to learn, although the Doomsday Wiki has been quite helpful. Thanks!

Comments

• Feel free to post about your map addon here in the Doomsday forums. Particularly if it uses Doomsday-specific features.
  • DaniJ wrote:
    Feel free to post about your map addon here in the Doomsday forums. Particularly if it uses Doomsday-specific features.

Well, I would like it to use more of the Doomsday-specific features, but I need to learn about them. For example, I think I pretty much know how I'd add real-looking trees to the game, but unfortunately I have no skill in 3D modeling or computer art.

I put a test version of the first map on my server. I'm sure I could use some general feedback, especially where some advanced features might make it better. Here are some screens:
    01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10

Text file
    WAD/DED files

Things I like-
    1. Somewhat detailed architecture made possible by Doom Builder's visual mode.
    2. The difficulty and pressure of combat...at first I didn't, and I was sure no one else would, but after I realized I was hiding in my "house" for a minute as a base to thin out the enemy, and running to watchtowers, and how important cover was, it had a nice feel to it.

Things I don't like-
    1. I used pretty much all stock textures, with a few borrowed from other DOOM games. I have no talent for creating textures. I found some texture packs I can use, but it would be nice to have as much high res as possible.
    2. There tends to be a lot of friendly fire on the enemy side, I've balanced this a bit through placement and numbers, and tweaked the reject build a bit to try and make monsters not activate too early.
    3. I'd like to be able to make a less fake-looking level boundary, and have real-looking trees instead of the dead ones. There's also a few spots where different-height buildings outside cause some minor rendering issues, but I don't think anything can be done about that.

So anyway, I'm open to any comments from anyone, this is a hobby for me and I have fun playing my own maps, even the really horrible ones I made back in the mid 90's lol.