Map Cheat Request

edited 2009 Jun 29 in General
This is something that always tends to bug me. When I play Doom, I always use the full map cheat when running around (IDDT twice). The full map cheat stays in effect until you quit the game. Even if you die, change levels, or anything of that, that map cheat would still stay in effect, something I've always liked. This ins't the case in Doomsday, where when you warp to a map, exit the map, or die, the map resets, meaning I have to enter in IDDT each time. Do you think this could be changed so it follows normal Doom behavior?

Another feature request I want is an option to enable/disable the rotation of the automap. I've never been a fan of rotating automaps (such as PSXDoom or Doom 64), and I always need a sense of where N/S/W/E is.

Thanks so much.

Comments

• Another feature request I want is an option to enable/disable the rotation of the automap. I've never been a fan of rotating automaps (such as PSXDoom or Doom 64), and I always need a sense of where N/S/W/E is.
    This option has always been in Doom, it is known as "Follow Mode".
  • Another feature request I want is an option to enable/disable the rotation of the automap.
    You can toggle rotation in the automap by pressing "R" while the map is open. (The key can be changed in the Controls menu.)