is there a list of compatabile mods that work under doomsday?

edited 2021 Feb 18 in General
will mods like alien eradication trilogy, castlevania simon destiny, wolfenstein 3d afadoomer, alien vendetta, duke nukem weapons an monsters mod, halo operation lone wolf an etc will work?

i see when adding the mods folder it crashes. so im guessing one of the mods is unavailable for doomsday.

Comments

• edited 2021 Feb 18
    So it seems not all mods are compatible with doomsDay. at least the ones i tried.

REKKr somewhat orks. but shows nothing on the episode list an difficulty options an etc. but the main game works.

as for others. the ones i listed. they dont work.
  • If the mods rely on ZDoom or prboom features according to their readme or other documentation, they most likely will not work with Doomsday.
  • skyjake wrote: »
    If the mods rely on ZDoom or prboom features according to their readme or other documentation, they most likely will not work with Doomsday.

so sounds like if the mod dont say doomsday. it wont work. interesting.

so i need to search for mods that work under doomsday which imagine there small numbers. idk which ones or where to find them.
  • edited 2021 Feb 18
    Doomsday should be compatible with almost any mod made for Vanilla Doom or a Limit removing port. But rewrites through out the 2.x branch may have caused some regressions in that area.

Dday's own modding features were largely unfocused on during most of 2.x, so there was a large reduction in the number of Dday specific mods released.
  • Vermil wrote: »
    Doomsday should be compatible with almost any mod made for Vanilla Doom or a Limit removing port. But rewrites through out the 2.x branch may have caused some regressions in that area.

Dday's own modding features were largely unfocused on during most of 2.x, so there was a large reduction in the number of Dday specific mods released.

so if they were. is it the way its name could be the issue? r the kind of file: wad or pk3?

have you got them work before?