What's a 0.5<=view-cross-width<=5 error and how do i fix it

I'm pretty new to this stuff and I'm not real intuitive. I boot up the wad for ultimate doom. When it loads I try to select a new game but I can't select any of the options. I can see the options and I can hover over them, but I can't select any. The triangle in the top said there was a 0.5<=view-cross-width<=5 error and of course I have no idea what that is. So now I'm here asking for help.

Comments

• When it loads I try to select a new game but I can't select any of the options.
    Once you get to the title screen, the controls are the same as in the original Doom, so arrows keys and Enter, etc.

If these don't work, perhaps your keyboard bindings have been reset for some reason? When the game is running, try opening the console with Shift+Escape and type "defaultbindings" in the command prompt.

jmn1yfnuze30.jpg

The "0.5<=view-cross-width<=5" warning is a known bug where the crosshair width setting has an invalid value. You can go to the in-game Options menu, open the HUD page, and adjust the Crosshair Thickness value to get rid of the warning.
  • Thank you so much. The controls were changed for some reason. I don't know how that happened but thank you again for helping me.
  • :+1: No problem.