Mac version of Doomsday causing Kernel Panic and reboot!

Hi! I’ve been having a consistent problem with Doomsday (both the latest stable version and the latest unstable versions as of 4.18) where when completing level 1 of Doom (shareware) or level 2 of Hexen (1.0), a kernel panic ensues and my
Mac reboots. Has anyone else been experiencing this? It happens like clockwork every time, right when the level has been completed (entering portal in Hexen or hitting switch in doom) but before the level complete screen is displayed. Help!!

Comments

• Sounds unfortunately like a bug in the Mac OpenGL driver...

What are your rendering settings in Doomsday (e.g., antialiasing? resolution?) and what are the specs of your Mac? Specifically, what is the model and year of the computer and what kind of GPU does it have?
  • edited 2019 Apr 21
    It's a Late 2013 iMac 21.5" (2.7Ghz Core i5 w/ 8GB DDR RAM and Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB graphics). OS is Mojave 10.14.3 (18D109). Res is set to 1920 X 1080. All Doomsday settings are default with no anti-aliasing enabled at all, vsync and fullscreen enabled.

I installed a fresh copy of the latest stable version and when the problem kept happening, I copied the latest unstable version 2.2 #3028 and it didn't solve the issue.

Let me know if there's any other information needed.
  • I have also confirmed it happens in Doom 2 also. End of first level when I hit the switch. Kernel panic and reboot. Like clockwork. :(
  • edited 2019 Apr 21
    And I've just confirmed it doesn't happen when I'm windowed. only when fullscreen! Hope this helps find the bug.