Update on Ubuntu downloads a tar.gz file instead of a deb package

Hello,
when I launch a doomsday update on Ubuntu, it downloads a a tar.gz file instead of a deb package.

Thank you for your help.

Comments

• Which version of Doomsday are you running the update from?
  • in fact it's not a new bug, this bug appeared several versions ago
  • even with the last stable/unstable version
  • There is probably an issue with the Linux downloads feed in the Autobuilder, I'll check it out.
  • This issue is still present in last 2.2
  • Hello, the issue is still present in last unstable version 2.2 2990
  • Forgot to ask previously, are you using a 32 or 64-bit build? The autobuilder (and thus the built-in updater) are only providing 64-bit builds.
  • I downloaded all my last unstable DD version from this page: http://api.dengine.net/1/builds, I always choosed Ubuntu 64 bits. Why the updater download the tar.gz source instead of the deb package?
  • Please download build 3010 and check if it works now for you. I tweaked the build configuration, and now at least for me the autoupdater is getting the right build (Ubuntu 18 amd64) from the server.

Older builds will still query the source package, though.
  • edited 2019 May 1
    Hello,
    I just installed the last 3038 unstable, when I asked the updater to reinstall DD, it downloaded the deb package, this issue seems to be resolved.
    Thank you.
  • Hello, this bug came back, when I click on update button, it downloaded a tar.gz archive. Thank you for your help.