Errors doom 2 doom 2 BFG

edited 2018 Nov 9 in Technical Support
i have had iuess with doomsday playing doom 2 doom 2 BFG i try too exit too the next level i get an Error its done this on the last three versions of doomsday if anyone can help me with this im new too this too i have been playing jdoom resource pack it happens in no rest for the living too

Comments

• Support for the BFG versions is still incomplete. I will check if I can find what is causing the errors.

This is the relevant tracker issue: https://tracker.dengine.net/issues/1575
  • @skyjake

Just checking in to make your live as a developer more complicated (or maybe not): ;)

I checked level progression for Doom BFG, DOOM 2 BFG and "No rest for the living" with Doomsday build 2865. I experienced no issues advancing to the next level, also the "warp" command works as intended.
  • edited 2018 Nov 10
    @1doom1 Could you find your doomsday.out log file and post it here? Maybe it contains some hints as to what the error is.

If you're on Windows, the log file can be found in the folder "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Deng Team\Doomsday Engine\runtime".
  • heres the log file hope it helps
  • edited 2018 Nov 13
    There is an interesting error reported here:
    [code]
    [OutputError] (in NativeFile::output) Failed to write C:\Temp\doomsday-3724\dd-buffered-song0.ogg
    (No error)
    [/code]
    Doomsday seems to be very confused about that file. Maybe if you manually delete it before running Doomsday?

(C:\Temp is also not a standard location for temporary files, have you perhaps configured it manually?)
  • edited 2018 Nov 14
    i changed the temp folder back too the way it was and still dose the same i never had that iuess with version Doomsday 2.1.0.2856 but newer versions give me that iuess
  • edited 2018 Nov 14
    I had similar issues recently, also starting with build 2863. The error message upon starting a game/map was, that the buffered MIDI file could not be written to the system temp folder.

So I checked the system temp folder, where I found lots of subfolders created by Doomsday. They all go by the name "doomsday-<n>" (n = 4 to 5 varying digits), e.g. "doomsday-10208". Each of the folders contain two identical MIDI files named "dd-buffered-song0.mid" and "dd-buffered-song1.mid".

After deleting all those temporary doomsday folders the issue disappeared. Rechecking the system temp folder now I again find up to 25! doomsday-<n> folders. I never had this much folders and files from Doomsday in the temp folder previously, if any at all.

I guess that either you have changed the storage location for Doomsday's temp files just recently, or perhaps in previous builds those temp files were automatically deleted upon normal shut down of Doomsday, which is not the case anymore?
  • deus-ex wrote: »
    Rechecking the system temp folder now I again find up to 25! doomsday-<n> folders. I never had this much folders and files from Doomsday in the temp folder previously, if any at all.
    Good catch! These folders definitely should be deleted if Doomsday quits normally, but that was not being done... I'll fix it.

@1doom1 — Does deleting the doomsday-NNN folders from your Temp directory resolve the issue for you?
  • edited 2018 Nov 14
    yes deleting NNN folders did thanks for the help