Items Arrangements

I apologize if this is in the wrong category as it involves Doom, Heretic and Hexen. I have noticed that sometimes when I watch people play on YouTube and stuff, the location of where the number of items and weapons they have are in the corners of the screen. Whereas mine are all at the bottom. I was just wondering if that is a mod they are using or if it is a different version of the game. Any input would be great. Thank you. Also, if there is a better category where this should go, please let me know. I am new to this forum. Thanks.

Comments

• what source ports they use can determine this. DDay is still based on the original code where as ports like GZDoom and Zandronum have hud scripting options. hope this helps.
  • edited 2018 Jan 1
    You could try pressing the '+' key on the keyboard (not the keypad) to increased the size of the viewable area. I recall that once you hit a certain size, the HUD elements automatically go to the corners of the screen.

[Edited to fix incorrect key]
  • You could try pressing the '+' key on the keyboard (not the keypad) to increased the size of the viewable area. I recall that once you hit a certain size, the HUD elements automatically go to the corners of the screen.

[Edited to fix incorrect key]

Yes that worked. Guess that was all it was. Lol. Was going through all the options and looking for mods for it... I prefer it that way. Just seems cleaner to me. Thanks for the responses.