multiplayer crash

I have 2.1 2423 installed. I go to the multiplayer tab and choose join game and it loads the level and crashes right away to a message saying Application terminated due to exception: (in Map::lumobj) Unknown Lumobj index:0 See Details for complete message log contents.

https://pastebin.com/raw/Vexe8SfR (post was too long)

I'm guessing it has to do with the missing material stuff near the bottom but I can't find shit on Google. It would probably explain why the floor is black during the second that it actually loads before crashing. The single player works perfectly fine. I've played through to the middle of Shores of Hell without any problems.

Comments

• edited 2017 Aug 24
    Those "missing material" messages probably are benign in this case. They are intended for map authors so they are aware that some visible surfaces lack surface materials. Of course, in the case of the id Software maps, that ship has sailed so to speak. :wink:

I did a quick test with a local server and also with one of the Reborn servers, and for me it worked fine, so at least 2423 isn't completely broken in this regard.
    since1876 wrote: »
    It would probably explain why the floor is black during the second that it actually loads before crashing.
    That would suggest some sort of mismatch in the game data on your side vs. the server, however Doomsday should be checking for IWAD compatibility before it lets you join.

Do other IWADs have similar problems, if you try to join other games?
  • I just tried and Heretic and Hexen both have the same lumobj message.