Doomsday 2.1.0.2399 Crash

Doomsday 2.1.0.2399 crash on selection of addons folder and this also happens for me on the stable release also.

Windows 10 home 64bit ( update to date )
Cpu i5 4430 3ghz
16gb ram
Samsung 850 pro 512gb
gtx 980 ( Up to date )

after the addons folder is selected after a new install doomsday crash straight away everytime after selection, even after you delete the Persist.pack the same crash happens.

error message given by windows Doomsday.exe has stopped working

All games can be played fully with out crashing if no addons folder is selected.

I tried finding the log file to upload but cant seem to locate it.

I hope I have included enough info

Comments

• Sounds like this bug: https://tracker.dengine.net/issues/2250 ?

What kind of an addon folder are you trying to add? Are there lots of files in there? Please check my earlier comment on a similar issue: http://talk.dengine.net/discussion/comment/16046/#Comment_16046
  • ok after some testing it was one of the mods causing the crash, I believe I placed it in the wrong folder so after its removal all is now fine.

• Which mod was it that was causing the crash? I would be happy to investigate and fix it.
  • I have the same problem, but I experimented a little and found a few new things out.

First, I added my .wad folder, which is 111GB and contains almost 8,000 files I've collected from various sources over the years.

If I add the folder and do not click 'Close' at the bottom of the Data Files window but click on another part of the screen to close it, the program does not crash but the file path I gave it disappears.

If I click "Close", the program hangs with the following error: "Unhandled exception at 0x000007FEE43E6390 (deng_core.dll) in Doomsday.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF. occurred."

Trying to restart the program after this always ends in a crash. Debugging after that crash gives what I believe is an identical error: "Unhandled exception at 0x000007FEE43E6390 (deng_core.dll) in Doomsday.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF. occurred."

I hope this added info helps lead you to locating the problem.
  • Oh! Sorry. I'm on Win7, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX950 video and an AMD FX-8370 8-core processor.