Doomsday 2.0 RC1

edited 2017 Mar 4 in News
<div id="bridgedd"> <div class="excerpt-title">This is a blog excerpt.  <a href="http://dengine.net/blog/2017/03/doomsday-2-0-rc1/&quot; target="_blank">Read Full Article</a> </div> <br /> Build 2250 is the first Release Candidate for 2.0.
The full release notes will be available later, but the short version is that 2.0 introduces two big changes in how Doomsday works:

The Snowberry front-end application has been replaced with a new Home screen within Doomsday itself.
Doomsday has gained more understanding of various data file formats, resource packs, and add-ons so that it can load them without assistance from a front-end app. This Packages system has wide effects inside the engine, influencing game session configuration, savegames, multiplayer games, and the UI.

The updated Readme covers most of the new stuff, so that is ... </div>

Comments

• When you plan to switch 1.15.8 to 2.x in the dengine.net main page header?
  • When the final stable build is made. This could be April 1st, for instance, assuming no huge new bugs are discovered in the RC build(s).
  • So, as I understand, now this is the best time to start streaming 2.0 RC with goal to find gameplay (and other) bugs?

As I understand, "porting txhd+xarp from 1.15.8 to 2.0" it not an easy and fast task, so maybe I should restrict addon usage (at least for the first 2-3 streams) only to veirdo's 2.0 models (serpent staff or wand 2.0 for example). I will discuss this with veirdo of course
  • theleo_ua wrote:
    So, as I understand, now this is the best time to start streaming 2.0 RC with goal to find gameplay (and other) bugs?
    Yes, this is a very good time for that. :)