jdrp-packaged-20070404 PCX problem

edited 2016 Mar 31 in DOOM
Hi.

I seem to have some corrupt PCX files in this pack. I have tried opening them but I get an error that the PCX file is corrupt?

Can anyone send me the PCX files for this pack please?

Many Thanks

Tony

Comments

• 37 views and not one person can help? I thought that's that what this site is for?
  • the jdoom resource pack has not used pcx files in a long time so this is why we can't help you i think anyways.
  • TStrike wrote:
    I seem to have some corrupt PCX files in this pack. I have tried opening them but I get an error that the PCX file is corrupt?

Can anyone send me the PCX files for this pack please?
    I have this version of jDRP available here on Dropbox.

There are a couple of warnings about missing PCX model textures, but nothing seems to be corrupt as such.
    ResourceSystem > setupModel: Failed to locate "bfgm3.pcx" (#3) for model "(basedir)/data/
                                 jdoom/Models/Projectiles/BFGshot/BFGShot.md2"

ResourceSystem > setupModel: Failed to locate "chaingun-mf2.pcx" (#2) for model
                                 "(basedir)/data/jdoom/Models/HUD/Chaingun/Chaingun-MF.md2"

• Hi thank you for your replies.

That's the same version I have. Some of the textures I can open and the others come up with an error saying they are corrupt. I'm Currently in the early stages of a Doom game project and I want to keep it close to the original Doom that's why I need the textures.
  • TStrike wrote:
    ...corrupt PCX files in this pack
    If my memory serves me correctly, the images in question originated from the (now ancient) "Generations Arena" mod for the original Quake and repackaged for use with Doomsday. These images are not "corrupt" as such, however they do not fully conform to the standard PCX file format. I seem to recall they were made in an old version of Paintshop Pro, though I could be wrong.

When I originally put the jDRP together I opted to not convert them because Doomsday was/is able to read them and it wasn't entirely clear whether doing so was permitted by their author(s) (no contact info for most of them).
  • Thank you DaniJ for your reply. shame as I could do with most of them for my project.