Mouselook and mouse sensitivity

edited 2015 Jan 27 in General
Hello!

How do I turn off looking up and down in Doom? Also, how do I adjust the mouse sensitivity?

I searched the menus for these options and was surprised to not find them.

Thank you.

Comments

• on the task bar there is settings for that and to disable look up/down i think there is options for this as well or you could rebind them to move forward/backwards like it was back in the day.
  • Yes, disabling Mouselook is a little tricky in Doomsday. You need to go to Controls and go to the Looking section. You should see controls for looking up and down. You can disable Mouselook by simply deleting the key binds used for looking up and down. Afterwards, if you want to change it so that you can use your mouse to move forward and backward, just go to forward and nudge the mouse up a little bit so it registers "Mouse + Y and Mouse - Y"
  • edited 2015 Jan 25
    Thank you!
  • I was able to disable mouselook (thanks!) but am still having a devil of a time trying to figure out how to increase the mouse sensitivity. I'd greatly appreciate any help you could give me.
  • To adjust the sensitivity, go to "Show Taskbar" and then click on that settings icon on the taskbar. Then, click input, and you should see sliders for Mouse X and Mouse Y.
  • Thanks! It was staring me in the face the whole time I was looking for it...