Unable to launch Hexen

edited 2014 Oct 19 in Hexen
Hey everyone,

Just installed the Doomsday Engine the other day, and was able to install/run The Ultimate Doom and Doom 2 without any issues. However, I'm having issues getting Hexen to run properly (as well as Heretic). When I try to launch either game, I'm taken to the Doomsday 1.14.5 full-screen launcher screen, where it says nothing is installed. To note, on the full-screen launcher screen, it doesn't mention Doom/Doom2 as installed/available, but I am still able to launch it from the "regular" launcher (since the launcher can't see the working games, I'm not sure if it's a problem with the launcher or not).

Just wondering if anyone knows what I need to do to configure Hexen/Heretic to work? I've added the .wad files, but I'm not sure if there's any other support files needed. I've attached some screenshots below so people can see what's happening.

Computer specs:
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.10
Doomsday Engine Version: 1.14.5

Hexen Settings
syzCgT5.png

Heretic Settings
4jhJMQn.png

Launcher/Console
Awv47Dt.png?1

ECb2x4w.png

M55wRto.png?1

Comments

• Since Doomsday appears not to recognize your Heretic/Hexen WADs, it could be that those files are from an older version of Heretic/Hexen that we don't support.

Have you tried the "Hexen v1.0" mode via the launcher? If that works, at least your Hexen WAD is an older one.
  • Yep, looks like the WAD files for both Heretic and Hexen are damaged (or incompatible, or something). Downloaded the demo WAD for Hexen and it runs properly set to both 1.0 and 1.1. Time to hunt down working WADs.

Thanks for the help, keep up the great work!
  • they are both available on steam for just a few bucks
    http://store.steampowered.com/sub/439/

the wads from steam-version of both games works fine with doomsday