It's been a month since the last post, so let's take a look at what's changed in the master branch. While nothing particularly major has been merged, a number of noteworthy things have been committed.
- Thinkers (map objects, doors, etc.) can now have internal data that the game plugin is not aware of. This is an important refactoring that I explained in my blog: Internal data for thinkers. It has enabled cleaning up various things inside the engine, and will benefit us even more in the future.
- Minor performance improvements with window resizing and popup backgrounds.
- Minor HiDPI tweaks.
- Fixes for the revised DED database: we're basing DEDs on components from Doomsday Script to allow full interoperability with scripts.
- Qt 5 related cleanup. We are switching to Qt 5 as the primary platform, while Qt 4.8 remains supported also (possibly with some limitations in the future).
- Updated the SDK build with regard to Qt 5. The SDK build is now fully working also on Windows, although it is still not ready for public distribution. A test application called "test_appfw" was set up to test that everything is working. At some point in the future, all the Doomsday apps will be built against the SDK.
- Revised the way .packs are built (via qmake). The old way was still using the old .pk3 script; the new one is aware of the characteristics of the new style packages.
- DaniJ made a number of changes related to dynamically updating the game menus, so that their content can change depending on the loaded game or add-on.