[Solved] Not able to strafe...

edited 2012 Mar 5 in Technical Support
Just downloaded and installed version 1.9.7, and now I can't seem to strafe as I'm used to. I've bound the action to more than one one key (even using Alt as the normal), and I can't strafe when I'm moving without going to the bound strafe left and right keys. When I check the jdoom-bindings.cfg file, I find the following line:

bindcontrol local1-strafe "key-alt"

As far as I can tell, that's correct, though I see some entries for "local1-sidestep" further down, but those appear to be the life/right strafe bindings, as they are set to the keys I would expect them to be set to.

So far this is the only issue I've found with the game, but it's a feature I'm used to using in just about every FPS I play. So is this a bug in the code, or did I do something wrong by not removing old versions completely first?

Comments

• The control binding syntax has been revised for the 1.9.7 release, you should first restore the default bindings using the following console command and then re-bind your controls:
    clearbindings; defaultbindings

• That worked. Makes me wonder what actually happened in there.
  • Did you modify the bindings using the Controls menu before Strafe stopped working as expected?
  • I did. But strangely, I didn't have to modify strafe. I use the number pad for movement, and I always have to swap "use" and "fire" to make things what I'm used to. Outside of that, there were no changes made initially. I'm really wondering if this is still something related to not having uninstalled a previous version.