[Solved] Mouse look problem

edited 2012 Mar 2 in Technical Support
i know this may seems stupid but for the life of me i cant figure out how to turn on mouse look in the new version i goto mouse all i see is turn off joystick or invert and sensitivity but no option to turn on mouse look i really would like to know how

Comments

• I believe mouselook is "enabled" by default in 1.9.7.

Otherwise, go to Controls and scroll down to Look Up/Look down. When configuring this, just move your mouse up a little bit and it'll assign "Mouse+Y" to that movement. I believe Doomsday should then automatically assign "Mouse-Y" to "Look Down". Of course, just do the opposite if you want mouselook inverted.

Hope this helps.
  • the up and down mouselook work i mean mouse look in all directions like a modern fps
  • Are you talking about turning left and right with the mouse? If so, go to "Turn Left" and "Turn Right" and when configuring those, move the mouse to the left for turning left (it should show up as Mouse-X I believe), and vice versa for when turning right.
  • no i mean when i move my mouse left the gun moves only not the character
  • Open the console and enter the following:
    clearbindings;defaultbindings
    input-mouse-y-flags 0

This should have been configured by default. Have you installed over a much older version?

Edit: Perhaps you have alt+tab'ed from another window to Doomsday? Presently there is an issue with this in that the alt key will "stick" leaving you in strafe mode - simply press the alt key again to turn off strafe mode.
  • it was because i didnt know that the mouse look was bound the way it is lol im very new to this so i guess i just didnt notice it when i was changing all the default binds