How do I set up a LAN/Multiplayer server?

edited 2012 Mar 4 in General
Hey all - the post title gives it away really. There was a menu in game for setting up servers in the old version of DDay. How do I go about playing this at LAN parties or with my buddies online?

Comments

• You can use the current servers that are up, or you can follow this guide to start your own server http://dengine.net/dew/index.php?title=Dedicated_server
    If you start your own server, you can join it yourself by using the custom search box, and type the ip as 127.0.0.1. If your friends are on the lan with you then they will type your computers ip address
  • Thank you. Are there any plans to create a menu or interface in game or in Snowberry to set up multiplayer games? I'm not great with console commands and they take slightly longer to set up. Obviously I'll use them while I have no other option ;-)
  • Yes, the plan is to improve the user-friendliness of hosting your own games in upcoming versions. So far we've been concentrating on making the multiplayer gameplay itself work as intended.
  • Thanks for the help - loving the new Doomsday. Still can't figure out how to get it working, command lines and autoexec.cfgs are clearly out of my range these days - not as good at diagnosing errors as I was in 1993! I'm happy to wait for the user interface though - you guys have worked very hard on this.

Cheers!