[Solved] 1.9.7 (#420) - Missing hexen.wad

edited 2012 Feb 28 in Technical Support
Ubuntu 64bit. All WADs (doom, hexen etc..) are in `/Doomsday. Path for Snowberry is shown for each .wad. All games run normal, but only hexen has problem.

"Failed to locate all required startup resources:
! hexen.wad - missing
jhexen.pk3 - found data/jhexen/jhexen.pk3
Hexen (hexen) cannot be loaded."

The same with Hexen-dk, but hexdd.wad is found and again hexen.wad is missing.

I know that hexen.wad is not broken - on 1.9.0 beta 6.9 it's ran almost normaly (no music).

Upd: I installed 1.9.7 buid 420 on Win7 64 bit - the same problem: "Missing hexen.wad"

Comments

• in the hexen settings where dose it show the hexen.wad located that could be the culprit all along
  • 1.9.7 Build 423...same problem.. heh :-w
  • Hexen appears to be working for everyone else. It sounds like you have misconfigured that game profile.
  • Looks like it doesn't work for me either. Could there be something wrong with the wad file? Like wrong version or something? My wad is 20 128 392 bytes.

If I type load hexen.wad in the console, or load data/jhexen/hexen.wad, it finds and loads the wad, but doesn't do anything after that.
  • Perhaps you need to patch it? Doomsday only supports Hexen version 1.1
  • Looks like that was it. Never thought there even were patches for Hexen.
  • Hm, where i can find ver. of hexen.wad? It's worked on 1.9.0 beta 6.9 (but whithout music) and in console there is only IWAD identification: 014ed52e. And ver. of jhexen (1.3.8). Hexen.wad - 20 128 392 bytes long.

Upd: Well, i "found" another hexen.wad wich has 20 083 672 bytes long. And, at last, it works normal in 1.9.7 Build 423. Thank you comrades. =))

But now the same problem with "misssing" hexdd.wad (4 429 700 bytes long). Well, what ver. of hexdd.wad needs for Dark Citadel? :((

Upd2: OK, i know now (thx DOOM Wiki >:) ) that hexdd.wad ver. 1.1. has 4 440 584 bytes long. So i had ver. 1.0. But "new" hexdd.wad 1.1 don't want to work in 1.9.7 Build 423 with hexen.wad 1.1

SO:
    hexen.wad ver. 1.0 - 20 128 392 bytes - didn't work on 1.9.7 Build 423
    hexen.wad ver. 1.1 - 20 083 672 bytes - work on 1.9.7 Build 423

hexdd.wad ver. 1.0 - 4 429 700 bytes - didn't work on 1.9.7 Build 423
    hexdd.wad ver. 1.1 - 4 440 584 bytes - didn't work on 1.9.7 Build 423 !!!

What i'm doing wrong? I made reinstall hexdd.wad, reinstall all build with full options reset..
  • Heh, i found a fix to my problem:

1. Yes, hexen.wad & hexdd.wad both need ver. 1.1
    2. Standart Game Profile for Hexen: Deathkings of the Dark Citadel:
    Settings tab:
    Game component - jHexen
    Game mode - Deathkings of the Dark Citadel
    Addons tab: hexdd.wad is ON
    But in that position it's not work - miissing wad message.
    3. Standart Game Profile for Hexen:
    Settings tab:
    Game component - jHexen
    Game mode - Hexen
    Addons tab: hexdd.wad is OFF
    Hexen works normaly..
    But if hexdd.wad in addon tab marks ON - Deathkings of the Dark Citadel ran perfectly.

4. New Game Profile for Hexen: Deathkings of the Dark Citadel:
    Settings tab:
    Game component - jHexen
    Game mode - Hexen
    Addons tab: hexdd.wad is ON
    Don't know - maybe it's only my system problem...
  • Did you try this?
    1. hexen.wad and hexdd.wad in the same directory
    2. standard/new game profile for "Hexen: Deathkings of the Dark Citadel"
    3. game component: jHexen
    4. game mode: Deathkings of the Dark Citadel
    5. addons: deselect all addons; hexdd.wad to OFF
    When the game mode is "Deathkings", Doomsday is supposed to automatically find and load hexdd.wad.

I'm using a hexdd.wad sized 4429700 bytes and it's working for me.
  • skyjake wrote:
    Did you try this?
      1. hexen.wad and hexdd.wad in the same directory 2. standard/new game profile for "Hexen: Deathkings of the Dark Citadel" 3. game component: jHexen 4. game mode: Deathkings of the Dark Citadel 5. addons: deselect all addons; hexdd.wad to OFF
    When the game mode is "Deathkings", Doomsday is supposed to automatically find and load hexdd.wad.

I'm using a hexdd.wad sized 4429700 bytes and it's working for me.

Done 1-5.
    Moved hexen.wad to \snowberry\addons (where hexdd is located), made new standart Dark Citadel profile without selected addons and hexdd.wad off.
    It's work! Thank you!
    After that Hexen.wad & hexdd.wad (both ver. 1.1) was moved in my own WAD dirrectory and try to start. Work again!
    Than turn addons on (jxrp & xhtp20100714.pk3) and again all work perfectly!

Now i understand. Thank you. 1.9.7 already looks great! =))