[Solved] Keys stuck after map load

edited 2012 Feb 13 in Technical Support
I've been playing Coop on the Doom2 server. After a level change, its as if the right move button is continously depressed.

Also, I had the red key, and the red door would not activate. There seemed generally to be lag between when you pressed a key and something happening in the game world.

Build 404
Win 7 64
Playing with model and graphics pack.

Comments

• I've been playing Coop on the Doom2 server. After a level change, its as if the right move button is continously depressed.

It's a known issue with the last few builds (395 onward) and is on the 1.9.7 to do list.
    Also, I had the red key, and the red door would not activate. There seemed generally to be lag between when you pressed a key and something happening in the game world.

Maybe a moment of poor connection between your computer and the server? As your computer has to make a request to the server about performing an action and then wait for the server to ok it, before it happens.
  • There seemed generally to be lag between when you pressed a key and something happening in the game world.
    Thats DOOM. The idtech1 engine does not process input events as soon as they are received from the device/controller. They are instead placed into a buffer for processing on the next so-called "sharp" tic, which can induce up to 1/35 seconds of "lag" between you pressing a key and something happening in the game world.

Doomsday makes this delay optional via the console variable input-toggle-sharp (default is on: i.e., delay processing key toggle events until the next sharp tic).
  • I'll double check the lag issues with a single machine on the network.

I don't think it was lag on the red key issue. It was "The Inmost Dens" so I could try it at several different spots and got the same issue each time.

I'll try again and if it happens, I'll report it.
  • After a level change, its as if the right move button is continously depressed.
    Build 409 has fixes that likely affect this. Could you let us know if the "stuck button" problem still persists with the new build?
  • I'll check on that. Thanks for the update.