Maps Have thing limit???

edited 2012 Feb 3 in Technical Support
Hi, nodtilor here whit a problem, i moded the map E3M7 "limbo" of ultimate doom, i add a little modifications based in sectors and some extra thing all ok, but in a moment i added more things using doom builder, i can see the things in doom builder but in game surprise!! the things dont appear.

this is a image of the things (marked in red) in doom builder, all ok i mark all dificult lvl boxes and...all ok

builderg.png

But in game de things dont appear

ingameu.png

I dont touch enything in doom builder, or doomsday engine (1.9.0 beta 4) i really dont understand wath happen.
so my question is the maps have a thing limit??? if it is true how i can break that limitation?? pliz some help.

Comments

• 1.9.0 Beta 4? Good god, you're way behind.

I'd recommend grabbing the latest version, if you want a beta (1.9.7 build 392), and then test to see if you're still having the problem.
  • new version......its posible but, i star this mod originaly in 1.8.6 version, I try to port my proyect to the most recenlty vercion but the incompatibility are simple biger, first i port the mod to beta 4 beacuse the beta 4 are compatible whith 1.8.6, i dont have the knowledge to fix all the problems that i have whit the new versions of doomsday engine.

well back to my actual problem i delete a lot of decorative things in the map and the other things finally appear, conclusion, doom allows a limitated amount of things per map....... thats a problem for my mod..... there is a way to break that limitation?? with a ded file or something???
  • Nodtilor wrote:
    new version......its posible but, i star this mod originaly in 1.8.6 version, I try to port my proyect to the most recenlty vercion but the incompatibility are simple biger, first i port the mod to beta 4 beacuse the beta 4 are compatible whith 1.8.6, i dont have the knowledge to fix all the problems that i have whit the new versions of doomsday engine.
    What problems?
    Nodtilor wrote:
    well back to my actual problem i delete a lot of decorative things in the map and the other things finally appear, conclusion, doom allows a limitated amount of things per map.......
    It shouldn't be like that. But who knows what limitations and errors 1.9beta4 had. It's not maintained any more.
  • It shouldn't be like that. But who knows what limitations and errors 1.9beta4 had. It's not maintained any more.

mmmm.... i don´t know, im not sure this problem is unique to this version beta 4 of doomsday, i never put a great lot of things in a map like this time, you said who knows what limitations had this vercion so im not sure the new versions have fixed this "error" or limitation because, you said "who knows".

but now i get the newest version and i go to make some tests now. i be back later with the results.
  • well i returned, i get the version beta 6.9 of doomsday engine to make my test about the limitation of amount for the things per map, but i cant due to the following error

erroruf.png

its about the water fall, blood fall and nukage fall textures, while working in doomsday 1.8.6 i extract these textures from doom 2 wad with EXD editor and put in ultimate doom, no problem in the 1.8.6 version or in the beta 4, so what causes this error in beta 6.9??. i have a lot of problems whit my proyect in the new version of doomsday but first i need help with this to continue my test.
  • nope don´t work i try to use the material def but don´t work, i put these animated textures in the ultimate doom wad, doomsday engine 1.8.6 and beta 4 don´t trow me eny problem with that, amm... let me see i gona make a more global question ..how can i put new animated textures in the doom wads and use them with doomsday beta6.9???

EDIT: I solved the problem with the wfall texture, the textures are messed up in the ultimate doom wad. well i gona make the test for the amount of things per map. Now the doomsday engine beta 6.9 pas my test, i put a lot of decorative things in the map and all appear in the map. now im gona work with beta 6.9 for my mod, but i need more help :D i have a looooots of problems. but first here is a little screen of the map E3M7 moded by me

e3m7copia.png

well the first problem, i create with a particle generator a generator of foot steps sounds for the player and monsters, in 1.8.6 and beta 4 works perfect but in beta 6.9 i have the follow mistake only with the player, when i start move the foot steps sounds play correctly, but when i stop the sound does not stop, continuous ringing and never stop. this is the code of my foot steps generator.
    # jDoom: Footsteps

Header { Version = 6; }

Sound {
      ID = "pas1"
      Flags = "sf_shift2"
      Lump = "DSOOF"
      Link pitch = -1
      Link volume = -1
      Priority = 60
      Max channels = -1
      EXT = "data/jDoom/Sfx/pas1.wav"
    }

Sound {
      ID = "pas2"
      Flags = "sf_shift2"
      Lump = "DSOOF"
      Link pitch = -1
      Link volume = -1
      Priority = 60
      Max channels = -1
      EXT = "data/jDoom/Sfx/pas2.wav"
    }

Generator {
      State = "PLAY_RUN2"
      Speed = .1
      Speed rnd = 1
      Spawn age = 1
      Max age = 35
      Particles = 1
      Spawn rate = 1
      Stage {
        Type = "pt_point"
        Gravity = 1
        sound = "pas1"
        Tics = 35
        Rnd = 1
        Radius = 1
        Color { 0 0 0 0 }
      }
    }

Generator {
      State = "PLAY_RUN5"
      Speed = .1
      Speed rnd = 1
      Spawn age = 1
      Max age = 35
      Particles = 1
      Spawn rate = 1
      Stage {
        Type = "pt_point"
        sound = "pas2"
        Tics = 35
        Rnd = 1
        Radius = 1
        Color { 0 0 0 0 }
      }
    }

this mistake only affects the player, the monsters are ok, well that is the first problem i hope your help :D
  • nobody knows anything??? :( omm i tried to solved by my self but i cant, the code is up before this post one could take it and try, and give me your opinion , i can´t solved this by my self i need help :(
  • edited 2012 Feb 3
    IIRC, There was a bug in Beta 6.9, that meant aside from when you intially started a map, that player was never actually stationary, rather 'running through it's movement states on the spot'. This can be observed with the third person view; type 'viewmode' in the console.

It was a bug, that had no ill effects on the defaut player mob, basically.

This has been fixed in the newest 1.9.7 builds.
  • really??? a bug??? oh ho ho ho :( men......im gona port my proyect....again :( well thanks for tell me about the bug.