Various probs around addons

edited 2012 Jan 22 in Technical Support
Hello All,

I'm experiencing several probs with some addons :

1 - I've installed "jDRP v1.01 (packaged)" which should provide me 3D objects instead of sprites (if i understood correctly), it does appear in the addons list and it's checked. Unfortunately the game looks the same with or without this addon.

1 - I've installed " DOOM2 Music Recorded from a genuine Roland Sound Canvas SC-155 " and " All Music Remastered by Sycraft ", both appear in the addons list, no matter which i chose (and check), the music won't change in game.

3 - And finaly, i recorded myself a very hight quality soundtrack using the doom2 mide and would like to make a pk3 file to use them as addon. Any idea on how to do that and how to name the mp3 etc ?

Any idea or hint ?
Thanks in advance.
J

Comments

• Hi,
    a possible solution for 1 and 2 is: you should try is to move the files in the AUTO folder of the Game.
    If it works, all should be fine and you could proof the folders and the way you include the extensions in the loader. If not, the Packages aren't right, you may shoult control then, if they are still in an zip (or anithing else) container.

In Point 3, you have to create an informationfile so the system can you it. In Point 2 you have an another Musicpack, just open the PK3 with an Compressionprogramm and you can see the structure and files. That would be the way you can adopt for your own Musicextension.

have fun
  • Hi, thanks for the help.

For 1 and 2, unfortunately i haven't installed the games, i only use the " wads ".
    Is the complete install of old doom mandatory ?
  • J-War wrote:
    Is the complete install of old doom mandatory ?
    No, it's useless for Doomsday.
  • I was wondering : What do you mean when you say " move the files in the AUTO folder of the Game " ?
  • He means the Autoload folder that was in the old stable release. I've noticed that the folder isn't there any more on the recent builds, but if you create your own, the game will recognize it.