Wrapping Up 2011

2»

Comments

• edited 2012 Jan 3
    Regarding the infine issue. I am thinking that the issue may be because a Noskip command no longer stops the def from ending.

In past versions of Dday, if Noskip was active, an infine def would never end, even if it's end was reached; the original episode ending infine defs all use Noskip to stop the def from ending.
  • Thanks, never knew about that list. Wish it could be a little more easier to access. Is it in the wiki or something?

Also, I love how the status bar doesn't look smudgy anymore in 1.9.7. The numbers are a gazillion times easier to read. My only suggestion is that maybe the skull key sprites and the ARMS number sprites on the status bar could be touched up to match the quality of the rest of the status bar.

One other request, it's about the kills/items/secrets counters. Do you think you can have an option to have the counters only display in the automap, like it was pre-1.9.7?
  • Thanks, never knew about that list. Wish it could be a little more easier to access. Is it in the wiki or something?
    The list is brand new, we set it up just a few hours ago. It's not in the wiki because we'll be editing it on the fly and the wiki would be too cumbersome. We can make the link to it more prominent, though.
  • Little menu alingment issues:

{*}The Heretic episode select menu is shifted downward.
    {*}The 'Choose game mode' title in the Doom menu of the same name isn't centered.
    {*}The Multiplayer option in the Heretic and HeXen game mode menus looks a couple of pixels too high.
    {*}The 'info' on the Heretic and HeXen main menu's appears to be a couple of pixels too high. It was slightly off vertically in the original games, but it's now an additional pixel or two off.
    {*}The third skill level selections in Heretic and on all classes menu's in HeXen appears to be a couple of pixels too high.

Also, the quit dialog in all games plays an eroneous extra sound when it appears.

Finally, Heretic doesn't have the updated warp console command yet (i.e that you have to have a space between episode and level number).
  • My only suggestion is that maybe the skull key sprites and the ARMS number sprites on the status bar could be touched up to match the quality of the rest of the status bar.
    The issue with those is that they are only numbers because that is how Doom chooses to depict them. We cannot give them the same treatment as the available/max ammo indicators because they aren't handled as numbers (they are graphic icons).

One thing we could do is to define Patch Replacement strings for them, that would allow us to draw them as numbers and thus they will receive the same treatment as the ammo indicators.
    One other request, it's about the kills/items/secrets counters. Do you think you can have an option to have the counters only display in the automap, like it was pre-1.9.7?
    That is doable, I'll add it to the list.
  • That's a small list for a stable release. What about these following bugs?

-Flying creatures like Cacodemons getting stuck inside each other. https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.p ... tid=542099
    -E1m7 column bug: https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.p ... tid=542099
    -Shotgun delay (can't fire right away when switching to weapon) when using resource pack. JCA said something about extra states in the Raise Weapon animations that don't exist.
    -Invisible bridges aren't invisible in Final Doom, and map31 has HOM effects around a water pool.

I'd say at LEAST fix the Cacodemon bug, because I really don't consider the game to be stable with half of them getting stuck inside each other.
  • We only compiled that list a few hours ago, based on what occurred to us at the time we decided to write it and from the issues reported in this thread. That list is not definitive, it will be added to as new issues are reported or, existing ones are chosen for fixing for this release.

That shotgun delay issue sounds like a problem in the resource pack, rather than in Doomsday.
  • Quick question on that list, DaniJ/skyjake. Does the 367 bracket on the fixed issues mean that those issues were fixed in build 367 or does it mean those issues were introduced in build 367, but have since been fixed?

Thanks.
  • The latter. They were inadvertently introduced in build 367 and have since been fixed.