Doomsday 1.9.0-beta6.5 Released

2»

Comments

• g6672D wrote:
    Another problem: Instant segfault when I move the selection over to Random Class in jHexen
    As yet I have been unable to replicate this. Can anyone else confirm?
  • edited 2009 Aug 29
    I was saying a week or two ago that I notice some slowdown when you are in certain big rooms in the Eternal wad or there are lots of big candle lights on sticks in a big room, though I didn't word it like that. This isn't a detail thing since when I disabled all textures and disabled all 3D objects via the console ingame, it still did that. It must be a build problem (Beta 6.5).Is this kind of lag in big rooms with lots of candles a known problem in Beta 6.x releases?

I said that in the previous post but since I got no reply, I went back and edited it to have just a "." in the post since I can't delete posts in this forum. Also, some people on newdoom say if you post in this forum, you are more likely to get replies, but it doesn't seem to be that way.
  • gary wrote:
    I was saying a week or two ago that I notice some slowdown when you are in certain big rooms in the Eternal wad or there are lots of big candle lights on sticks in a big room, though I didn't word it like that. This isn't a detail thing since when I disabled all textures and disabled all 3D objects via the console ingame, it still did that. Is this kind of lag in big rooms with lots of candles a known problem in Beta 6.x releases?
    There are a handful of known performance issues at present which are not directly related to any specific feature, such as 3D models or fakeradio, which could be disabled. These performance issues will be addressed before we reach 2.0 but at present they aren't top priority.

Presently performance is most adversely affected by the number of visible world surfaces. The large, open, complex areas such as those typical in Eternal will definitely compound the problem.
    Also, some people on newdoom say if you post in this forum, you are more likely to get replies, but it doesn't seem to be that way.
    I can't speak for the rest of the deng team (or indeed our users) but I personally visit NewDoom rather infrequently now that the deng project has its own user forums and (to me) this forum appears more active.