Hires texture pack forum is dead any other download?

edited 2011 Dec 14 in Addons for DOOM
Since 11/11 ie now more than 3 weeks, the link always quoted to download the high res texture pack links a forum which is down for maintenance. The problem is it's since some weeks. So is there another download location?

Comments

• About 2 weeks ago, I clicked it out of curiousity to see if the pack had been updated since 2010, and it also didn't show the page. But for some reason, the texture pack isn't being updated anymore, it seems.

Edit: I just tried looking it up on google to find another way to access the file, and it seems those links take me to the same place as the link on this site's addons section. Maybe that is the only place it exists on the net, but I do have what is probably the lastest package called... let's see... deng-dhtp-20101225.zip. Too bad a newer one hasn't been released since then.

The error says: board is disabbled because of spam, we are going to do a few changes around here. We should be back up shortly(11-11-21).
  • Yeah I search and found nothing but links to this forum down. The only stuff I found is probably the pak for another port, perhaps ZDoom.

That would be cool if someone could provide me another link. :)

That said by searching once more in my old stuff I finally found dhtp-20090226.pk3. It seems an older version and not marked deng, but in a backup folder linked to Doomsday, I'll try that, even if I already finished to replay Doom fully, lol. Still have Doom 2 to replay.

EDIT: Well I couldn't install this, the frontend accept but nothing happen but I still have to try with a later beta version of Doomsday.

EDIT2: Ok that older hires texture pack I had is working with Doomsday 1.9.0 beta 6, I can live with that until the forum of hires is up.
  • I am in discussions about where the pack can be hosted and the forums be hosted.
    And I hope to release a new pack in the near future. But I moved country and have now been busy with real life, also I need to find the motivation to make textures.
  • KuriKai wrote:
    I am in discussions about where the pack can be hosted and the forums be hosted.
    on a file hosting site for now, and maybe bittorrent, like the addons page?
  • KuriKai wrote:
    I need to find the motivation to make textures.

Maybe there is someone in the Doom community or communities who might be willing or able to help you. Actually, having multiple people doing it would be more efficient and faster (maybe a team) and the WIP screens of the textures can be posted. Then the community members can give their input and make suggestions to ensure that the final product is widely accepted. One person working on an entire pack single-handedly doesn't sound like the best idea and may never get done. But if many people worked together, it might get done in weeks or a couple months, and then later they might be redone with normal maps and better mapping. :) Wouldn't that be wonderful?
  • Marbfac2 has been done for as long as I can remember. It has appeared in the hi res pack ever since I got the older versions years ago (the Archvile face). But for some reason, it says "December 10th" and saying that it is finally done. I'm confused. Was it redone? I will compare it to the already existing one in the pack....

Looks identical to the one I already have in the pack. That texture is not new.... :-/ Why does it say

"Posted by admin on Dec 10, 2011 in Textures blog | 0 comments

There we go! Now the arch-vile marble wall texture is done." It has been done for years...

Off topic: I just found an error with the clickable smileys when posting. When I click the 'confused' smiley in the list, the 'thinking' smiley appears in its place and clicking both smileys results in the same smiley code being displayed. In other words, I can't make the 'confused' smiley appear since I don't know the text code for that emoticon.
  • That marbface post was just made by freelanzer as an example for me so I could know how to post new blog messages on the site. I have now removed it and added my own post, with info of what I have been doing and what will be doing.
  • Sounds great. I just read the new message. Another thing to look forward to. :)