Banned?!

edited 2009 Sep 21 in Off-Topic
lmao
vBulletin Message
You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

All because I said I was just hanging around there to redirect people (that were interested in help with Doomsday implied in the conversation) to this site! :yay:

Nothing personal, Phoebus ;) - I just thought it would be easier for them! :D

Comments

• Are you saying the N*wDoom administrator actually hangs around here? That's interesting....

Maybe the moderators here should start banning users for ever mentioning *that* site :P That's pretty damn rude though... I dunno what the situation is, but I thought a lot of people were kinda pissed off at them...?

Now they are directly censoring attempts to make Doomsday users aware of the official Doomsday forums...

Should I be pissed? Because I'm pissed. I know i'm just some random guy (I never hung around that other forum, had a bad vibe for some reason) so nobody knows or cares about my opinion, but please tell me if I am over-reacting in saying that i'm slightly aggravated by this.
  • JonusC wrote:
    Are you saying the N*wDoom administrator actually hangs around here? That's interesting...

No, I was just speaking it into the open air! :)
    JonusC wrote:
    Maybe the moderators here should start banning users for ever mentioning *that* site :P That's pretty damn rude though... I dunno what the situation is, but I thought a lot of people were kinda pissed off at them...?

Well, I guess the service there went to where you had to pay after a few posts per day. Besides, it's good for an engine like Doomsday to have its own forums.
    JonusC wrote:
    Now they are directly censoring attempts to make Doomsday users aware of the official Doomsday forums...

Well, I think it was more like a territorial thing. Like, I wasn't trying to p*ss all over the lawn there by taking people away from the forums, but just trying to get them to understand where they could get the best help. I've seen messages come into my mail and sit for days before I myself redirected them to these forums and/or tried to help them myself, but I would have rather seen everyone that could be end up here. :(
    JonusC wrote:
    Should I be pissed? Because I'm pissed. I know i'm just some random guy (I never hung around that other forum, had a bad vibe for some reason) so nobody knows or cares about my opinion, but please tell me if I am over-reacting in saying that i'm slightly aggravated by this.

Ah, relax... It's easy to understand both sides, but still, even though I was only hanging around to redirect people, (and that's not the purpose of the forum) I'd hoped that there would have been a slight bit of leniency for the purpose of the people who actually want/require help.
  • Yeah... I can get a bit carried away/over zealous with things like this. NewDoom should have long long long ago said they they were having financial troubles and could of opened up a in-your-face Donation reminder/plead, rather than leaving it to the last minute and making such a cripple of a change.

Eh, that's the life of the interwebs.
  • Who knows? Maybe they were biting their nails and hoping that it didn't have to come to that. It's too bad that the internet costs... I heard that it was intended to be free when it first came out, but that's just what I heard.

You seem like a cool dude! ;) I'm glad that there's another forum-floater out there!
    I started to think I was like a ghost! :D I don't know why I check these forums so much... It's like 10 times a day...
  • Psychikon wrote:
    Who knows? Maybe they were biting their nails and hoping that it didn't have to come to that. It's too bad that the internet costs... I heard that it was intended to be free when it first came out, but that's just what I heard.
    Yeah they sure don't make 'em like they used to do they.... :-/ or something. Yeah I'm over it.
    Psychikon wrote:
    You seem like a cool dude! ;) I'm glad that there's another forum-floater out there!
    I started to think I was like a ghost!
    HA! Thanks, I think. Yeah I float around...
    Psychikon wrote:
    I don't know why I check these forums so much... It's like 10 times a day...
    I'd go with 'because I love Doomsday so much I chose it over my ex-wife'? =)) (no that didn't happen to me)

Eh i've trying trying to accumulate all these Deng addons into something actually reputable for proper storage and instructions to install, then to re-date/re-version them, to try and maybe pave the way for people to start adding more content. I got a lot of web crawling to do though.

Plus i'm trying to track down the source code for an ol' Doom Legacy mod called "Doom Wars". Just PM'd some random guy on Doomworld who posted in 2002 "i think I have the source code" lol...
  • JonucS wrote:
    Plus i'm trying to track down the source code for an ol' Doom Legacy mod called "Doom Wars". Just PM'd some random guy on Doomworld who posted in 2002 "i think I have the source code" lol...
    If it means a lot to you, maybe I could find it... ;)
    Don't worry, I'm not a weirdo!
  • Psychikon wrote:
    If it means a lot to you, maybe I could find it... ;)
    Do it for the name of software preservation/revival/my attempt to start work on a new jPlugin for Doomsday based on multiplayer monster-spawning wars! I mean....
    Psychikon wrote:
    Don't worry, I'm not a weirdo!
    .....bummer. :))
  • JonusC wrote:
    Do it for the name of software preservation/revival/my attempt to start work on a new jPlugin for Doomsday based on multiplayer monster-spawning wars! I mean....
    I did it in agape!

TADA!!!!!!!

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/4/22/ ... ar_src.zip
  • Looks like it's all there, you are da man! Now I have it but i'll leave "porting" to another day :) Thanks Psych!
  • JonusC wrote:
    Looks like it's all there, you are da man! Now I have it but i'll leave "porting" to another day :) Thanks Psych!
    Don't thank me! God was with me on that one!

Opening the zip brought back memories...
    "qmus2mid" lol... =))
  • If anything, that moderator was over reacting. It seems strange to permanently ban someone just by hanging around a forum, let alone ban you period. Note that he didn't specify a reason. Maybe he had no good reason and had a hidden motive and just did it because he was having an angry day in real life or disagreed with your posts and targeted you for those silly reasons, like picking favorites to hate and punish and taking his anger on someone he might not like, even if you didn't break a rule or one that was worth such a severe punishment.

Edit: I didn't know this thread was so old but didn't worry too much when I posted. I hope I didn't necro.
  • bah, the forum is still young and its in off topic - im sure nobody will mind!

Well despite me stalking the doom scene since before skyjake even released jDoom and i still regularly surfed newdoom as a leecher, the main reason i never joined the community was because it seemed most the mods were elitist bigots. Bleh. Lets make this thread a flame thread for venting hate at jerks.

Screw you, Psych and gary! Your face looks like a cacodemon!

Nar just messin. That aint cool.
  • edited 2009 Sep 21
    JonusC wrote:
    bah, the forum is still young and its in off topic - im sure nobody will mind!
    the main reason i never joined the community was because it seemed most the mods were elitist bigots.
    I've posted in worse: Hard Light Productions General Discussion: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?board=19.0 A place where people call others ignorant just because they don't agree with the majority of that forum, plus many there are too open about personal things. They tend to think liberal automatically = smarter and conservative = the opposite. They also tend to think if people are not liberal or athiest fanatics, it makes them ignorant. But I am mixed in my views. They also have a habit of always putting down religion there and talking in absolutes instead of just saying that no one knows for sure. Forums like that can cause stress.

I never read how people are in the new doom general discussion though.
  • gary wrote:
    JonusC wrote:
    bah, the forum is still young and its in off topic - im sure nobody will mind!
    the main reason i never joined the community was because it seemed most the mods were elitist bigots.
    I've posted in worse: Hard Light Productions General Discussion: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?board=19.0 A place where people call others ignorant just because they don't agree with the majority of that forum, plus many there are too open about personal things. They tend to think liberal automatically = smarter and conservative = the opposite. They also tend to think if people are not liberal or athiest fanatics, it meakse them ignorant. But I am mixed in my views. They also have a habit of always putting down religion there and talking in absolutes instead of just saying that no one knows for sure. Forums like that can cause stress.

I never read how people are in the new doom general discussion though.

I always avoid any forum that talks onpolitics or religion (unless it's an actual pruposely-targeted forum about a specific faith/government), mainly because I myself am germanic neopagan and am tired of being abused by bigotted authoritarians who claim to be "liberal" but compare my personal choice of faith againt their own biased dichotomy of the Christian Church. Don't worry about it, they are probably Neo Nazi's or some other form of elitist minority (trying to create their own niche scene?) and hey - us smart types admit ignorance, it's better to be ingorant than an elitist jerk trying to control you! If I was one of them, i'd talk-down on THEM and say THEY are ignorant for being LIBERAL, haha! (Because im panarchist). Those sorts of people who take their subjective opinion as a universal fact really really frustrate me, it's just sad really because they do it out of their own insecurity (to try and "belong" somewhere, i.e. seem cool to people with similar schools of thought).
  • I'm the kind of person who is never blinded by culture or peer pressure. I would even choose to be alone than give into peer pressure and foolish people like that, if those were my only choices.

I live in usa but I am not patriotic (I don't agree with many aspects of this culture that I consider corrupt and materialistic and I don't want to be rich and be used for money and stuff) and I actually envy the culture of some oriental countries sinec they tend to be less materialistic. Though I am absolute in the way I feel when it comes to seeing bad lifestyle choices of people, and I feel many here have that problem, including the average person's crappy diet (which is true lack of self respect) and over indulgance and buying a bunch of toys, which is probably one of the main reasons people her struggle so much in an economic crisis.

I am not religious, but I hope for an afterlife and read about consciousness and NDEs. I have certain morals but not for religious purposes, and I will not go to bars and not do personal things with someone unless I love her. I won't use people even though I can sometimes be quite rude, but never becomse so selfish as to use people for sex and money, and so I only do that with a woman I feel love for and intend to be in a serious relationship with. But that is only 1 of about 5 reasons why I have that moral.

I tend to prefer oriental women and not western ones, but I would make an exception for my past Colombian love if she had a way to be with me again in the future. She tends to have some feelings even though its been 5 years, since I was special to her.

I have a hidden anger and dark side though and can be quite mean if I feel angry at a person, depending on what they are doing or saying to me. If a person treats me like a retard, I will not take it and I will let them have it verbally and my adrenaline will cause my heart to beat fast. I might say things like "I'm sure my intelligence far exceeds yours" or "you are just another one of those typical superficial greedy selfish American's". Maybe I could say to them that they are loser sand are the ones who are the retards for blindily trusting their so called friends and thinking I'm a retard without even knowing me by mindlessly trusting what their friends say to them about me and being weak and stupid enough to give into peer pressure.

A lot of the time, friends tend to not be true friends and they don't last forever and they tend to disappoint and add to stress and havig to worry about trust and reliability and being treated like you matter to that person. It is one reason I choose not to have close friends. If I do, I prefer foreigners from certain cultures since the average ones in certain cultures tend to be kinder and truly care, if they follow their culture and values of that culture, but you have to be careful of that too since some may lie about being good and not follow their culture. Reputation is pretty important in oriental culture.

I learned to not be too nice and not trust others much. I even would analyze their conversations with me to see if they are honest and really care. It saved me a few times. A long story.

Now I'm way way off topic :D
  • gary wrote:
    I learned to not be too nice and not trust others much. I even would analyze their conversations with me to see if they are honest and really care. It saved me a few times. A long story.

Now I'm way way off topic :D
    Well that's why it's the off-topic section! :D

Sorry that you had to meet a lot of wolves in your lifetime, but I guess you can't be delicious without something always trying to eat you, yeah?

I would say I have a lot in common with Gary here, although I am perhaps more religiously-oriented. I do think that it is a problem with people being trendy or "liberal" in that there has to be (whether religious or not) SOME kind of delimitation with things, or else people are definitely the worse off for it. One particular news article I saw a few months ago comes to mind... :-/

And I must say I'm glad to hear you have hope, Gary, because things such as hope, faith, love all cause people to do things that they would not (even could not) do as a human being without! :)