On Week 30

edited 2011 Aug 1 in Developers
skyjake:

Once again I spent the week working on the multiplayer code. As we are planning to begin public testing later today, I focused on fixing some of the most annoying glitches (player movement, some incorrect plane heights after login, invalid plane glows) in preparation.

While there certainly is still a number of considerable issues with multiplayer (such as broken wallrunning), it should now have reached a level where it is again playable for normal games. This also means that in order to keep improving the quality of multiplayer gameplay, actual multiplayer games need to take place so we can find out what works and what doesn't.

My plan is to spend as much time as I can online and see first-hand how the code is performing. I will also be personally taking care of the public testing servers.

danij:

This week I've not had much time for deng development. I spent a few hours on Saturday implementing some of the refactorings of the resource locator I mentioned in my last update. The work is looking promising but its presently in a non-committable state.

I hope to be a lot more productive next week.