Joystick sensitivity adjustment

edited 2011 Jun 26 in General
Is there any way of adjusting the sensitivity of the joystick response?

I am sure I recall earlier versions of Doomsday having the ability to adjust joystick sensitivity (X and Y), dead zone and all sorts! The current version doesnt seem to have any adjustments (There are sliders for mouse sensitivity adjustment but not joystick!). This is really rather frustrating since the aparrant default settings give a strafe (X set to strafe) that is far too aggressive giving max speed with only the slightest movement. Forward/back (Y set to forward/back) is far more progressive (IE Push the stick a little, slow! push it further, faster! All the way, Sprint!) but it would still be nicer if I could set my own preferences and not have to just put up with some sort of default setting......

Like I used to be able to do.....

:)

Comments

• Open the console with the tilde (`) key next to the 1 on your keyboard.
    Type in input-joy-#-axis (where "#" is either w,x,y, or z, depending on the joystick axis you want to look at)
    The number that comes up should be the alpha value (meaning from 0 to 1, percentage-wise) of the deadzone. You should be able to change the x axis deadzone like this, for instance:
    input-joy-x-axis 0.5

The variables for the joystick and other things can be viewed by typing this in the console:
    listvars

Scroll up and down the list with Page Up and Page Down on your keyboard.