On Week 19

edited 2011 May 16 in Developers
<i>This post was originally made by <b>skyjake</b> on the dengDevs blog. It was posted under the category: Blog.</i>

<strong>skyjake:</strong>
<ul>
<li>During the week I was focusing on Heretic multiplayer. I managed to apply a couple of fixes related to using items from the inventory and animating remote players. The player animation thing is actually not limited to Heretic, as the client's common game code is currently not applying the run animation to remote players. Normally the player brain's forward/side move values would cause the player thinker to apply the running animation, but remote players are essentially "brain dead": the remote movement is applied directly to the mobjs.</li>
<li>My plan remains the same for the coming week. I will need to do some running around in-game with two or more clients to find more issues to fix; then it's time for Hexen.</li>
</ul>
<strong>danij:</strong>
<ul>
<li>This week my time has been spent on the game-side UI systems. I completed the implementation of the bordered projection drawer (which allows the user to optionally enable original aspect-ratio-respecting pillarbox/letterbox drawing) which is now used for the game menu (no borders) and intermissions. I also fixed a bug with the viewport/viewwindow dimension calculation when multiple local players are present (resulting in HOM), caused by referencing the wrong viewport when querying dimensions (displayplayer vs localplayer).</li>
<li>Over the coming week I plan to continue working on the game-side UI systems, primarily focusing on fixing a few regressions (compared to master) in the player HUD and then completing work on the game menu.</li>
</ul>